Time has only expanded the spangled-bolero-jacket collection of Michael Flatley, the Irish-American Liberace of Celtic step dancing. Here (Lord of the Dance in 3D), in muddy colors and meaningless 3-D, is a video transcription of the (sometimes hilariously) flashy show Flatley and his famous troupe brought to Dublin in 2010. The best stuff: Wow, can those kids hoof — and so, even past his half-century mark, can the preening, Chicago-born Mr. F. The worst of it: a prologue in which Himself blathers on (in his on-demand brogue) about dreaming big and la la la. C
IRISH-AMERICAN STEPS Michael Flatley and his troupe in Lord of the Dance in 3D (STEPHAN SCHRAPS)
Genre: Musical; Starring: Michael Flatley; Director: Marcus Viner; Release Date Wide: 03/17/2011; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: G
Posted March 17 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'