Time has only expanded the spangled-bolero-jacket collection of Michael Flatley, the Irish-American Liberace of Celtic step dancing. Here (Lord of the Dance in 3D), in muddy colors and meaningless 3-D, is a video transcription of the (sometimes hilariously) flashy show Flatley and his famous troupe brought to Dublin in 2010. The best stuff: Wow, can those kids hoof — and so, even past his half-century mark, can the preening, Chicago-born Mr. F. The worst of it: a prologue in which Himself blathers on (in his on-demand brogue) about dreaming big and la la la. C
IRISH-AMERICAN STEPS Michael Flatley and his troupe in Lord of the Dance in 3D (STEPHAN SCHRAPS)
Genre: Musical; Starring: Michael Flatley; Director: Marcus Viner; Release Date Wide: 03/17/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: G
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!