Time has only expanded the spangled-bolero-jacket collection of Michael Flatley, the Irish-American Liberace of Celtic step dancing. Here (Lord of the Dance in 3D), in muddy colors and meaningless 3-D, is a video transcription of the (sometimes hilariously) flashy show Flatley and his famous troupe brought to Dublin in 2010. The best stuff: Wow, can those kids hoof — and so, even past his half-century mark, can the preening, Chicago-born Mr. F. The worst of it: a prologue in which Himself blathers on (in his on-demand brogue) about dreaming big and la la la. C
IRISH-AMERICAN STEPS Michael Flatley and his troupe in Lord of the Dance in 3D (STEPHAN SCHRAPS)
Genre: Musical; Starring: Michael Flatley; Director: Marcus Viner; Release Date Wide: 03/17/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: G
Posted March 17 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!