The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation handed out top honors to Ricky Martin (Vito Russo Award), True Blood (Outstanding Drama Series), 30 Rock (Outstanding Individual Episode, for “Klaus & Greta”), and Russell Simmons (Excellence in Media Award) at its 22nd Annual Media Awards ceremony in New York, hosted by Bravo’s Andy Cohen. In all, awards were given in 25 categories, including Outstanding Talk Show Episode, to The Oprah Winfrey Show for Ricky Martin’s appearance, and Outstanding TV Journalism – Newsmagazine, to Anderson Cooper 360 for its report on gay teen suicide. See the full list of honorees at the GLAAD website. The organization will honor other winners, including Kristin Chenoweth, at a ceremony in Los Angeles in April, and an event in San Francisco in May.
Posted March 20 2011 — 10:14 AM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Reese Witherspoon as Tinker Bell: Disney developing 'Peter Pan' spinoff 'Tink'
- Molest claim vs. Josh Duggar; family says...
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!