The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation handed out top honors to Ricky Martin (Vito Russo Award), True Blood (Outstanding Drama Series), 30 Rock (Outstanding Individual Episode, for “Klaus & Greta”), and Russell Simmons (Excellence in Media Award) at its 22nd Annual Media Awards ceremony in New York, hosted by Bravo’s Andy Cohen. In all, awards were given in 25 categories, including Outstanding Talk Show Episode, to The Oprah Winfrey Show for Ricky Martin’s appearance, and Outstanding TV Journalism – Newsmagazine, to Anderson Cooper 360 for its report on gay teen suicide. See the full list of honorees at the GLAAD website. The organization will honor other winners, including Kristin Chenoweth, at a ceremony in Los Angeles in April, and an event in San Francisco in May.
Posted March 20 2011 — 10:14 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'