The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation handed out top honors to Ricky Martin (Vito Russo Award), True Blood (Outstanding Drama Series), 30 Rock (Outstanding Individual Episode, for “Klaus & Greta”), and Russell Simmons (Excellence in Media Award) at its 22nd Annual Media Awards ceremony in New York, hosted by Bravo’s Andy Cohen. In all, awards were given in 25 categories, including Outstanding Talk Show Episode, to The Oprah Winfrey Show for Ricky Martin’s appearance, and Outstanding TV Journalism – Newsmagazine, to Anderson Cooper 360 for its report on gay teen suicide. See the full list of honorees at the GLAAD website. The organization will honor other winners, including Kristin Chenoweth, at a ceremony in Los Angeles in April, and an event in San Francisco in May.
Posted March 20 2011 — 10:14 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade