The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation handed out top honors to Ricky Martin (Vito Russo Award), True Blood (Outstanding Drama Series), 30 Rock (Outstanding Individual Episode, for “Klaus & Greta”), and Russell Simmons (Excellence in Media Award) at its 22nd Annual Media Awards ceremony in New York, hosted by Bravo’s Andy Cohen. In all, awards were given in 25 categories, including Outstanding Talk Show Episode, to The Oprah Winfrey Show for Ricky Martin’s appearance, and Outstanding TV Journalism – Newsmagazine, to Anderson Cooper 360 for its report on gay teen suicide. See the full list of honorees at the GLAAD website. The organization will honor other winners, including Kristin Chenoweth, at a ceremony in Los Angeles in April, and an event in San Francisco in May.
Posted March 20 2011 — 10:14 AM EDT
- Taylor Swift inducts the entire world into her squad in 'SNL' sketch
- Celebrate the 25th anniversary of 'Beverly Hills 90210' with EW's covers
- 'Quantico': Who's really the terrorist?
- 'SNL' sketch imagines married life with Miley Cyrus
- Miley Cyrus moved to tears during emotional 'SNL' performance
- 12 things you never knew about 'Beverly Hills, 90210'
- 'Saturday Night Live' slams Donald Trump during cold open