Starting today at 1 p.m. ET, The Dark Knight won’t be the only Warner Bros. title available for rental on Facebook. The next five titles included in the studio’s experiment are Inception, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Life as We Know It, and Yogi Bear. “We’re pleased to expand our test with a variety of titles that will appeal to a broad audience,” Thomas Gewecke, President of Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, said in the announcement. “These titles have substantial followings on Facebook. The Fan Pages for Harry Potter and Inception alone are two of the most popular and active communities on the site.” In care you’re curious: Inception has more than 6 million Facebook fans, while Life As We Know It, the Katherine Heigl-Josh Duhamel rom-com, has 214,766, and Yogi Bear has 161,031.
Posted March 28 2011 — 12:04 PM EDT
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is Emma doomed?
- President Obama to meet with Leonardo DiCaprio to talk climate change
- Fantastic Fest special report: Delights, debates, and Dolph Lundgren
- John Carpenter slams Rob Zombie's 'Halloween' remake
- Backstreet Boys surprise fans at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- U2 sample Donald Trump during 'Dream' performance
- 'Will & Grace' stars reunite in fun photos