MTV’s TV series reboot of the classic ’80s comedy Teen Wolf, premiering on June 5 after the MTV Movie Awards, is set to be markedly different from the Michael J. Fox flick. For starters, there doesn’t seem to be a modern version of best pal and love interest, the awesomely named “Boof” (travesty!). Instead, the network is going for an edgier approach and hoping to attract the audience of two other supernatural classics. “When I first talked to MTV about it, I said what if we do it kind of like The Lost Boys with kind of the pace and fun of Buffy,” exec producer Jeff Davis (Criminal Minds) told EW in February. “We’ve had comparisons to Vampire Diaires. That’s a very brooding melodrama. This exists far closer to Buffy.” Watch the three minute trailer below and judge for yourself:
- Planned Parenthood applauds 'Jane the Virgin' for discussing abortion
- 'Inferno' director Ron Howard spills on the film's spooky sensibility
- 'Orphan Black' Facebook Live reveals 20 minutes of season 5 production
- Jeff VanderMeer's 'Borne': Read an exclusive excerpt
- Watch the official trailer for 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life'
- Why 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Laverne Cox punts to Nicki Minaj in 'Lip Sync Battle' clip