Remember 13-year-old Bethany Hamilton, the cute little blond girl who in 2003 was on all the morning news programs sharing the harrowing tale of how she lost an arm in shark attack? Well, she’s all grown up now. Last night, the professional surfer was on the red carpet with (from left) Carrie Underwood, AnnaSophia Robb, Helen Hunt, and Lorraine Nicholson for the premiere of Soul Surfer, the movie about her amazing return to the top of her sport. And frankly, the always-beautiful Ms. Carrie has nothing on the statuesque athlete, now 21, who did all the surfing stunt work in the movie and helped teach Robb, who plays her, how to surf. Inspirational, tough, and beautiful – quite a package, and one I wouldn’t mind seeing walk more red carpets in the future.
Posted January 18 2015 — 11:57 AM EST
- 'Furious 7's James Wan to produce 'The Entity' remake
- Helen Mirren talks about her love of Vin Diesel on 'Late Night'
- Waka Flocka Flame to run for president
- Batman costume from 'Batman v Superman': Take a good look
- 'Furious 7' breaks box office records in China
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!