Remember 13-year-old Bethany Hamilton, the cute little blond girl who in 2003 was on all the morning news programs sharing the harrowing tale of how she lost an arm in shark attack? Well, she’s all grown up now. Last night, the professional surfer was on the red carpet with (from left) Carrie Underwood, AnnaSophia Robb, Helen Hunt, and Lorraine Nicholson for the premiere of Soul Surfer, the movie about her amazing return to the top of her sport. And frankly, the always-beautiful Ms. Carrie has nothing on the statuesque athlete, now 21, who did all the surfing stunt work in the movie and helped teach Robb, who plays her, how to surf. Inspirational, tough, and beautiful – quite a package, and one I wouldn’t mind seeing walk more red carpets in the future.
Posted March 31 2011 — 12:05 PM EDT
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum