Remember 13-year-old Bethany Hamilton, the cute little blond girl who in 2003 was on all the morning news programs sharing the harrowing tale of how she lost an arm in shark attack? Well, she’s all grown up now. Last night, the professional surfer was on the red carpet with (from left) Carrie Underwood, AnnaSophia Robb, Helen Hunt, and Lorraine Nicholson for the premiere of Soul Surfer, the movie about her amazing return to the top of her sport. And frankly, the always-beautiful Ms. Carrie has nothing on the statuesque athlete, now 21, who did all the surfing stunt work in the movie and helped teach Robb, who plays her, how to surf. Inspirational, tough, and beautiful – quite a package, and one I wouldn’t mind seeing walk more red carpets in the future.
Posted March 31 2011 — 12:05 PM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!