More good Sunday night ratings news: Showtime’s new series The Borgias had the pay TV network’s strongest drama premiere in seven years. The Jeremy Irons historical drama had 1.06 million viewers for its premiere, then added another 432,000 viewers during its encore for a 1.5 million tally. That’s up notably from the series debut of Shameless (982,000) and United States of Tara (881,000), but down from the debut of The Big C (1.2 million). (And, yes, I realize The Big C, like Nurse Jackie, is classified as a comedy by Showtime, but Showtime’s comedies are sometimes about as close to being comedies as Dante’s Divine Comedy is a comedy). Also, here are the ratings for The Killing and The Kennedys premieres.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- 'Ant-Man' to play at Montreal's Fantasia Festival
- Gwar is releasing an official book about Gwar
- Netflix releases trailer for 'The Other One: The Long, Strange Trip of Bob Weir' documentary
- Samantha Bee debriefs about The Daily Show, her new TBS comedy, and her soul
- Lifetime launches initiative to promote women in the entertainment industry
- Khloe Kardashian confirms Kylie Jenner had some help with those plump lips
- 'Bones' preview: 'They could be executing an innocent man'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!