Tyler Perry, who recently extended his production agreement with Lionsgate, will write, direct, produce, and star in Good Deeds, according to the studio. In the romantic drama, Perry will play a successful entrepreneur who finds himself drawn to a down-on-her-luck single mom on the eve of his marriage to a wealthy fiancée. Shooting will begin in Atlanta at the end of April.
Posted April 5 2011 — 11:02 AM EDT
- Hulu executive explains decision to pull '19 Kids & Counting'
- Mariah Carey calls 'American Idol' stint as 'the worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy
- Hilary Duff shares the track listing for 'Breathe In. Breathe Out.'
- TV mogul who helped launch Oprah Winfrey into daytime success dies