The Man of Steel now has an enemy: Warner Bros. announced Sunday that they’ve locked in the Oscar-nominated Michael Shannon (Revolutionary Road) to play General Zod opposite Henry Cavill’s Superman in the reboot. Director Zack Snyder said in a release from the studio: “Zod is not only one of Superman’s most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman others don’t. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role.” Shannon joins an already Oscar-friendly cast that includes Diane Lane and Kevin Costner as Martha and Jonathan Kent, and Amy Adams as Lois Lane.
Posted April 10 2011 — 4:53 PM EDT
- See the schedule for Comic-Con's TV panels
- The best and worst of the music streaming wars
- America Ferrera thanks Donald Trump for mobilizing Latino voters
- Bill Cosby: No charges in Atlantic City case
- 'Lost' showrunner Carlton Cuse talks 'Colony'
- Liam Hemsworth photobombed Jeff Goldblum on the 'Independence Day Resurgence' set
- First Look: Here's how 'Blindspot' covers Jaimie Alexander's entire body with tattoos—in six hours