Russell Brand’s one-two finish at the box office last weekend is kaput, as the thriller Hanna overtook the comedy remake Arthur for second place, according to final numbers from Focus Features and Warner Bros. Hanna, which stars Saoirse Ronan as a top-notch teenage assassin, performed better than expected on Sunday, raising its weekend tally to $12.4 million. Arthur, on the other hand, fell $400,000 short of Warner Bros.’ weekend estimate, ultimately grossing $12.2 million for third place. The frame’s big winner was still the family-film holdover Hop, which earned $21.3 million and features the voice of Brand as the Easter Bunny’s unruly son.
Posted April 11 2011 — 5:26 PM EDT
- WATCH: Helen Mirren's ruff day turns adorable as she's surprised by puppies
- 'Westworld' finale: 10 unanswered questions
- 'Westworld': Ed Harris on those big finale twists
- 'The Royals': Elizabeth Hurley mocks Hugh Grant in season premiere
- 'The Walking Dead': Watch a sneak peek of the midseason finale
- 'Rogue One' creatures highlighted in behind-the-scenes video
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan terrorizing Carl
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big