The trailer for Passion Play, the noir-ish indie featuring Megan Fox as a winged circus curiosity, Mickey Rourke as the washed-up trumpet player who falls for her, and Bill Murray as a gangster named Happy, has hit the Web. The question is: Is it the kind of strange that makes you want to see it when it hits theaters in New York and L.A. on May 6 (before heading to DVD on May 31), or is it the kind of strange that makes you hope one of your friends will sit through it and fill you in instead? This is a movie that got panned at 2010’s Toronto Film Festival, but also one that inspired Rourke to call Fox “probably the best young actress I’ve ever worked with.” Watch the trailer below – which erroneously declares Rourke to be an “Academy Award winner” (er, Sean Penn may have something to say about that) – and begin to decide.
Posted April 11 2011 — 11:36 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters