The trailer for Passion Play, the noir-ish indie featuring Megan Fox as a winged circus curiosity, Mickey Rourke as the washed-up trumpet player who falls for her, and Bill Murray as a gangster named Happy, has hit the Web. The question is: Is it the kind of strange that makes you want to see it when it hits theaters in New York and L.A. on May 6 (before heading to DVD on May 31), or is it the kind of strange that makes you hope one of your friends will sit through it and fill you in instead? This is a movie that got panned at 2010’s Toronto Film Festival, but also one that inspired Rourke to call Fox “probably the best young actress I’ve ever worked with.” Watch the trailer below – which erroneously declares Rourke to be an “Academy Award winner” (er, Sean Penn may have something to say about that) – and begin to decide.
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' earns $187.7M at weekend box office, second-best U.S. debut ever
- Spice Girls reunite at David Beckham's birthday
- 'Dances With Wolves' writer Michael Blake dies
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquiao fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' bosses on 'an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!