The trailer for Passion Play, the noir-ish indie featuring Megan Fox as a winged circus curiosity, Mickey Rourke as the washed-up trumpet player who falls for her, and Bill Murray as a gangster named Happy, has hit the Web. The question is: Is it the kind of strange that makes you want to see it when it hits theaters in New York and L.A. on May 6 (before heading to DVD on May 31), or is it the kind of strange that makes you hope one of your friends will sit through it and fill you in instead? This is a movie that got panned at 2010’s Toronto Film Festival, but also one that inspired Rourke to call Fox “probably the best young actress I’ve ever worked with.” Watch the trailer below – which erroneously declares Rourke to be an “Academy Award winner” (er, Sean Penn may have something to say about that) – and begin to decide.
Posted April 11 2011 — 11:36 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast