The trailer for Passion Play, the noir-ish indie featuring Megan Fox as a winged circus curiosity, Mickey Rourke as the washed-up trumpet player who falls for her, and Bill Murray as a gangster named Happy, has hit the Web. The question is: Is it the kind of strange that makes you want to see it when it hits theaters in New York and L.A. on May 6 (before heading to DVD on May 31), or is it the kind of strange that makes you hope one of your friends will sit through it and fill you in instead? This is a movie that got panned at 2010’s Toronto Film Festival, but also one that inspired Rourke to call Fox “probably the best young actress I’ve ever worked with.” Watch the trailer below – which erroneously declares Rourke to be an “Academy Award winner” (er, Sean Penn may have something to say about that) – and begin to decide.
Posted April 11 2011 — 11:36 AM EDT
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Celebrate Kim and Kanye's wedding anniversary by watching their first dance
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- 'Gilmore Girls' movie? Scott Patterson hints at 'some activity'
- Former Virgins frontman Donald Cumming debuts dreamy ballad 'In The Early Hours' -- exclusive
- 'Star Wars' to screen in China for first time ever
- Art Garfunkel dings Paul Simon in new interview
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!