The trailer for Passion Play, the noir-ish indie featuring Megan Fox as a winged circus curiosity, Mickey Rourke as the washed-up trumpet player who falls for her, and Bill Murray as a gangster named Happy, has hit the Web. The question is: Is it the kind of strange that makes you want to see it when it hits theaters in New York and L.A. on May 6 (before heading to DVD on May 31), or is it the kind of strange that makes you hope one of your friends will sit through it and fill you in instead? This is a movie that got panned at 2010’s Toronto Film Festival, but also one that inspired Rourke to call Fox “probably the best young actress I’ve ever worked with.” Watch the trailer below – which erroneously declares Rourke to be an “Academy Award winner” (er, Sean Penn may have something to say about that) – and begin to decide.
Posted April 11 2011 — 11:36 AM EDT
- 'Doctor Who': Steven Moffat says 'Heaven Sent' is 'creepiest' episode yet
- Re-live brilliant Bonnaroo moments from Mumford & Sons, D'Angelo, and more in Thanksgiving video
- Which Frankenstein would you date?
- 'The Man in the High Castle' postmortem: Episode 5, 'The New Normal'
- Laurie Metcalf talks Misery villain: 'I'm golden to go as violent as I want'
- Erykah Badu announces release date for new phone-themed mixtape
- The Olsen twins are officially not in 'Fuller House'
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year
- EW's 2015 Entertainers of the Year