As you may have gathered by now, we here at EW are just a little excited for the premiere of Game of Thrones, HBO’s new fantasy series. The show promises to be epic in every sense of the word – and it might also seem epically confusing to those who’ve never picked up one of the massive George R. R. Martin novels on which Thrones is based. Thankfully, today HBO posted some supplementary materials that should be very useful for Thrones novices who don’t know the difference between direwolves and Daenerys, as well as those who read the books long enough ago that they’ve forgotten specific details. (And trust me, there are a lot of specific details that are easy to forget.) The network’s new viewer’s guide includes both a nifty interactive map that lays out the seven kingdoms of the realm of Westeros, as well as a guide to the many clans that populate the story. A still image of the map is below:
- Justin Bieber Spider-Man kisses Britney Spears ... sort of
- Oliver Sacks, famed neurologist and author, dies at 82
- See Jessica Simpson and Tracee Ellis Ross' glamorous 'sister' photo
- Kanye West to perform '808s & Heartbreak' in full at Hollywood Bowl
- 5 shows to watch now that 'Hannibal' is over
- Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne performed 'Complicated' on 1989 tour
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!