As you may have gathered by now, we here at EW are just a little excited for the premiere of Game of Thrones, HBO’s new fantasy series. The show promises to be epic in every sense of the word – and it might also seem epically confusing to those who’ve never picked up one of the massive George R. R. Martin novels on which Thrones is based. Thankfully, today HBO posted some supplementary materials that should be very useful for Thrones novices who don’t know the difference between direwolves and Daenerys, as well as those who read the books long enough ago that they’ve forgotten specific details. (And trust me, there are a lot of specific details that are easy to forget.) The network’s new viewer’s guide includes both a nifty interactive map that lays out the seven kingdoms of the realm of Westeros, as well as a guide to the many clans that populate the story. A still image of the map is below:
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!