As you may have gathered by now, we here at EW are just a little excited for the premiere of Game of Thrones, HBO’s new fantasy series. The show promises to be epic in every sense of the word – and it might also seem epically confusing to those who’ve never picked up one of the massive George R. R. Martin novels on which Thrones is based. Thankfully, today HBO posted some supplementary materials that should be very useful for Thrones novices who don’t know the difference between direwolves and Daenerys, as well as those who read the books long enough ago that they’ve forgotten specific details. (And trust me, there are a lot of specific details that are easy to forget.) The network’s new viewer’s guide includes both a nifty interactive map that lays out the seven kingdoms of the realm of Westeros, as well as a guide to the many clans that populate the story. A still image of the map is below:
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Oxygen, Esquire Network partner on companion series 'Living With Funny,' 'Comedians of L.A.'
- 'The Flash': Mark Hamill on reprising Trickster role, bringing out epic 'Star Wars' nod
- Disney eyes live-action 'Mulan' film
- Trans stories find a home on reality TV following Orange is the New Black, Transparent success
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!