As you may have gathered by now, we here at EW are just a little excited for the premiere of Game of Thrones, HBO’s new fantasy series. The show promises to be epic in every sense of the word – and it might also seem epically confusing to those who’ve never picked up one of the massive George R. R. Martin novels on which Thrones is based. Thankfully, today HBO posted some supplementary materials that should be very useful for Thrones novices who don’t know the difference between direwolves and Daenerys, as well as those who read the books long enough ago that they’ve forgotten specific details. (And trust me, there are a lot of specific details that are easy to forget.) The network’s new viewer’s guide includes both a nifty interactive map that lays out the seven kingdoms of the realm of Westeros, as well as a guide to the many clans that populate the story. A still image of the map is below:
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'