As you may have gathered by now, we here at EW are just a little excited for the premiere of Game of Thrones, HBO’s new fantasy series. The show promises to be epic in every sense of the word – and it might also seem epically confusing to those who’ve never picked up one of the massive George R. R. Martin novels on which Thrones is based. Thankfully, today HBO posted some supplementary materials that should be very useful for Thrones novices who don’t know the difference between direwolves and Daenerys, as well as those who read the books long enough ago that they’ve forgotten specific details. (And trust me, there are a lot of specific details that are easy to forget.) The network’s new viewer’s guide includes both a nifty interactive map that lays out the seven kingdoms of the realm of Westeros, as well as a guide to the many clans that populate the story. A still image of the map is below:
- Taylor Kitsch and Michael Shannon miniseries 'Waco' picked up by Spike
- Katy Perry dances to Taylor Swift verse in Kanye West's 'Famous'
- 'Assassin's Creed' featurette offers new plot teases
- Character actress Rebecca Metz on making it in Hollywood
- 'Bad Santa 2' screening, cast added to EW PopFest lineup
- James McAvoy has 23 personalities in new trailer for 'Split'
- James Franco endorses Hillary Clinton with Dos Equis spoof
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like