As you may have gathered by now, we here at EW are just a little excited for the premiere of Game of Thrones, HBO’s new fantasy series. The show promises to be epic in every sense of the word – and it might also seem epically confusing to those who’ve never picked up one of the massive George R. R. Martin novels on which Thrones is based. Thankfully, today HBO posted some supplementary materials that should be very useful for Thrones novices who don’t know the difference between direwolves and Daenerys, as well as those who read the books long enough ago that they’ve forgotten specific details. (And trust me, there are a lot of specific details that are easy to forget.) The network’s new viewer’s guide includes both a nifty interactive map that lays out the seven kingdoms of the realm of Westeros, as well as a guide to the many clans that populate the story. A still image of the map is below:
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum