Those who caught HBO’s premiere of Game of Thrones last night were treated to one of the most brilliant title credits we’ve seen in recent years. Created by a company called Elastic, not only does the sequence help orientate viewers to the land of Westeros by displaying a map of the Seven Kingdoms, but its intricate vision of a gameboard coming to life is both thematic and artful (the rousing score is catchy too). Watch the video below, then check out my recap of the premiere episode here.
Posted April 18 2011 — 6:46 PM EDT
- Zelda Williams stars in Lifetime thriller 'Girl in the Box': Photos
- 'The A Word' clip: After sex, Maurice promises 'It'll get better'
- 'The Hamilton Affair' excerpt: Alexander Hamilton on his upbringing
- 'Star Wars' production company pleads guilty over set accident
- 'Magnificent Seven,' 'La La Land' to screen at Toronto Film Festival
- WATCH: 'Baby Daddy' cast cracks up in season 5 blooper reel
- Netflix to tackle the Panama Papers in new movie