Those who caught HBO’s premiere of Game of Thrones last night were treated to one of the most brilliant title credits we’ve seen in recent years. Created by a company called Elastic, not only does the sequence help orientate viewers to the land of Westeros by displaying a map of the Seven Kingdoms, but its intricate vision of a gameboard coming to life is both thematic and artful (the rousing score is catchy too). Watch the video below, then check out my recap of the premiere episode here.
Posted April 18 2011 — 6:46 PM EDT
- 'Arrow' season 5 trailer assembles new team
- Mindy Kaling, Emma Thompson eye late-night talk show film
- 'This Is Us': Mandy Moore says her favorite episode is still to come
- Dan Brown's 'Origin' gets fall 2017 release date
- Daniel Radcliffe assesses Donald Trump/Voldemort comparison
- Trayvon Martin's parents to release book about their son
- Jennifer Lopez will judge and mentor dancers on NBC's 'World of Dance'