Those who caught HBO’s premiere of Game of Thrones last night were treated to one of the most brilliant title credits we’ve seen in recent years. Created by a company called Elastic, not only does the sequence help orientate viewers to the land of Westeros by displaying a map of the Seven Kingdoms, but its intricate vision of a gameboard coming to life is both thematic and artful (the rousing score is catchy too). Watch the video below, then check out my recap of the premiere episode here.
Posted April 18 2011 — 6:46 PM EDT
- Vine star thanks little boy who stood up to her catcaller
- The new 'Men in Black' movie will have a woman in black
- Bindi Irwin hopes father Steve would be proud of her 'DWTS' win
- Bob Saget says Bill Cosby's reputation is now 'tarnished'
- 'The Hateful Eight' cast and crew nerds-out on 70 mm 'road show' cut
- John Stamos sentenced to 3 years probation for DUI
- Former Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante releases free new music
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year