Those who caught HBO’s premiere of Game of Thrones last night were treated to one of the most brilliant title credits we’ve seen in recent years. Created by a company called Elastic, not only does the sequence help orientate viewers to the land of Westeros by displaying a map of the Seven Kingdoms, but its intricate vision of a gameboard coming to life is both thematic and artful (the rousing score is catchy too). Watch the video below, then check out my recap of the premiere episode here.
Posted April 18 2011 — 6:46 PM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!