Those who caught HBO’s premiere of Game of Thrones last night were treated to one of the most brilliant title credits we’ve seen in recent years. Created by a company called Elastic, not only does the sequence help orientate viewers to the land of Westeros by displaying a map of the Seven Kingdoms, but its intricate vision of a gameboard coming to life is both thematic and artful (the rousing score is catchy too). Watch the video below, then check out my recap of the premiere episode here.
Posted April 18 2011 — 6:46 PM EDT
- 'Killer POV' lives! Horror podcast team reassembles as 'Shock Waves'
- Arsenio Hall refutes Sinead O'Connor charge that he gave Prince drugs
- 'Bates Motel': Kerry Ehrin, Freddie Highmore on Monday's episode
- Kristen Stewart, Gabourey Sidibe to direct short films for Refinery29
- 'DWTS': Nyle DiMarco just got robbed of a 10... again
- Bono joins Lupita Nyong'o, 'Eclipsed' cast to remember kidnapped girls
- Anthony Mackie to play Johnnie Cochran in legal drama
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters