Mother Mary! Mary Steenburgen has signed on to guest star in an episode of Wilfred, FX’s upcoming comedy starring Elijah Wood, EW has learned exclusively. The Oscar-winning Steenburgen (Melvin and Howard) will play Catherine, the mother of Ryan (Wood), a struggling dude who forms a unique relationship with his neighbor’s canine pet: He sees him as a man in a dog suit. Chris Klein, Ed Helms, Rashida Jones, and Jane Kaczmarek will also guest on the series, which debuts in June and is based on the Australian series of the same name.
(Sylvain Gaboury/PR Photos; Will Ragozzino/Getty Images)
Posted April 18 2011 — 10:08 PM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters