Mother Mary! Mary Steenburgen has signed on to guest star in an episode of Wilfred, FX’s upcoming comedy starring Elijah Wood, EW has learned exclusively. The Oscar-winning Steenburgen (Melvin and Howard) will play Catherine, the mother of Ryan (Wood), a struggling dude who forms a unique relationship with his neighbor’s canine pet: He sees him as a man in a dog suit. Chris Klein, Ed Helms, Rashida Jones, and Jane Kaczmarek will also guest on the series, which debuts in June and is based on the Australian series of the same name.
(Sylvain Gaboury/PR Photos; Will Ragozzino/Getty Images)
Posted April 18 2011 — 10:08 PM EDT
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Nicholas Brendon opens up about suicide attempt on 'Dr. Phil'
- What if Peter Griffin was the voice of Chewbacca?
- John 'Cha Cha' Ciarcia, actor on 'The Sopranos,' dies at 75