Tonto’s going to need another partner: A rep for Ryan Gosling has confirmed to EW that the Blue Valentine actor will not be playing the title character in Disney’s big-screen version of The Lone Ranger, which is scheduled to head to theaters in 2014. Over the weekend, various outlets reported that the actor was in talks to star alongside Johnny Depp (as Tonto) in the movie. Reports of the talks, however, were premature, as Gosling’s schedule was not yet firmed up. The actor will next appear in July 29’s Crazy, Stupid, Love.
Posted April 18 2011 — 4:48 PM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!