Tonto’s going to need another partner: A rep for Ryan Gosling has confirmed to EW that the Blue Valentine actor will not be playing the title character in Disney’s big-screen version of The Lone Ranger, which is scheduled to head to theaters in 2014. Over the weekend, various outlets reported that the actor was in talks to star alongside Johnny Depp (as Tonto) in the movie. Reports of the talks, however, were premature, as Gosling’s schedule was not yet firmed up. The actor will next appear in July 29’s Crazy, Stupid, Love.
Posted April 18 2011 — 4:48 PM EDT
- Drake replaces 'Madonna' lyric with 'Rihanna' during concert
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with new single 'Trust You,' shares details of new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!