Tonto’s going to need another partner: A rep for Ryan Gosling has confirmed to EW that the Blue Valentine actor will not be playing the title character in Disney’s big-screen version of The Lone Ranger, which is scheduled to head to theaters in 2014. Over the weekend, various outlets reported that the actor was in talks to star alongside Johnny Depp (as Tonto) in the movie. Reports of the talks, however, were premature, as Gosling’s schedule was not yet firmed up. The actor will next appear in July 29’s Crazy, Stupid, Love.
Posted April 18 2011 — 4:48 PM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters