NBC is no longer mad about Paul Reiser, pulling The Paul Reiser Show off the air after airing only two episodes. The comedy – which replaced Perfect Couples in the Thursday-at-8:30 p.m. slot and featured the Mad About You star playing himself – drew a meager 3.3 million viewers for its April 14 premiere and was dismissed by critics. Last night’s episode performed even worse, attracting only 2.5 million viewers and earning a 0.9 rating in the 18-to-49 demo. The network currently has no plans to air Reiser’s remaining episodes, and will show repeats of The Office in its place for the rest of the season.
(Image Credit: Chirs Haston/NBC)
Posted April 22 2011 — 8:52 PM EDT
- Kevin Kline to return to Broadway in Noël Coward's 'Present Laughter'
- 'Blindspot' star Sullivan Stapleton reacts to Weller's big news
- Tony Awards set the date for 2017 ceremony
- 'Stranger Things' star Gaten Matarazzo opens up about genetic disorder
- Marvel's 'Doctor Strange' conjures up 15-minute IMAX sneak peek
- Debra Messing wants a 'naughty' 'Will & Grace' revival
- Hermione's house from the Harry Potter movies is for sale