NBC is no longer mad about Paul Reiser, pulling The Paul Reiser Show off the air after airing only two episodes. The comedy – which replaced Perfect Couples in the Thursday-at-8:30 p.m. slot and featured the Mad About You star playing himself – drew a meager 3.3 million viewers for its April 14 premiere and was dismissed by critics. Last night’s episode performed even worse, attracting only 2.5 million viewers and earning a 0.9 rating in the 18-to-49 demo. The network currently has no plans to air Reiser’s remaining episodes, and will show repeats of The Office in its place for the rest of the season.
(Image Credit: Chirs Haston/NBC)
Posted April 22 2011 — 8:52 PM EDT
- Patton Oswalt remembers wife Michelle McNamara in 'Time' tribute
- Rosie Perez, Ron Livingston, Parker Posey join TBS' 'Search Party'
- 'Catfish' host Nev Schulman honors subject who died
- 'Captain America' movie marathon announced by Marvel
- Emilia Clarke and Jack Huston to star in 'Above Suspicion'
- WATCH: Exclusive clip from psychological thriller 'The Ones Below'
- WATCH: 'Rogue One' star reveals new 'Star Wars' film details
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast