The crass commercial title is the pièce de résistance rigged by performance artist/filmmaker Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me): His rowdy, toothless, superficially informative meta-documentary chronicles his pursuit of sponsors to finance his documentary about pursuing sponsors to illustrate the pervasive everyday intrusion of branding, advertising, and corporate sponsorship in our lives. Always the smooth showman, Spurlock avoids answering his own question: Is he selling out or buying in? B?
MANE 'N TAIL Morgan Spurlock in POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold (Daniel Marracino)
Genre: Comedy, Documentary; Starring: Morgan Spurlock; Director: Morgan Spurlock; Author: Morgan Spurlock; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 22 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Reese Witherspoon as Tinker Bell: Disney developing 'Peter Pan' spinoff 'Tink'
- Molest claim vs. Josh Duggar; family says...
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Taylor Schilling, Jessica Alba, Beyoncé & More!