The crass commercial title is the pièce de résistance rigged by performance artist/filmmaker Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me): His rowdy, toothless, superficially informative meta-documentary chronicles his pursuit of sponsors to finance his documentary about pursuing sponsors to illustrate the pervasive everyday intrusion of branding, advertising, and corporate sponsorship in our lives. Always the smooth showman, Spurlock avoids answering his own question: Is he selling out or buying in? B?
MANE 'N TAIL Morgan Spurlock in POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold (Daniel Marracino)
Genre: Comedy, Documentary; Starring: Morgan Spurlock; Director: Morgan Spurlock; Author: Morgan Spurlock; Release Date Limited: 04/22/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 22 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ranking every song on Pearl Jam's 'Ten'
- Barbra Streisand and Jimmy Fallon yell at Siri
- Young Thug name checks Harambe, Kanye West in first project as Jeffery
- Kerry Washington sees the horror in group texts
- Barbra Streisand duets with 'Donald Trump' on 'The Tonight Show'
- What to Watch This Weekend: Find out who did what on 'The Night Of'
- Tim Kaine rocks the harmonica on 'The Late Show'