The crass commercial title is the pièce de résistance rigged by performance artist/filmmaker Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me): His rowdy, toothless, superficially informative meta-documentary chronicles his pursuit of sponsors to finance his documentary about pursuing sponsors to illustrate the pervasive everyday intrusion of branding, advertising, and corporate sponsorship in our lives. Always the smooth showman, Spurlock avoids answering his own question: Is he selling out or buying in? B?
MANE 'N TAIL Morgan Spurlock in POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold (Daniel Marracino)
Genre: Comedy, Documentary; Starring: Morgan Spurlock; Director: Morgan Spurlock; Author: Morgan Spurlock; Release Date Limited: 04/22/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 22 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale
- 'Spider-Man': Tom Holland went undercover at New York high school to prep