The crass commercial title is the pièce de résistance rigged by performance artist/filmmaker Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me): His rowdy, toothless, superficially informative meta-documentary chronicles his pursuit of sponsors to finance his documentary about pursuing sponsors to illustrate the pervasive everyday intrusion of branding, advertising, and corporate sponsorship in our lives. Always the smooth showman, Spurlock avoids answering his own question: Is he selling out or buying in? B?
MANE 'N TAIL Morgan Spurlock in POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold (Daniel Marracino)
Genre: Comedy, Documentary; Starring: Morgan Spurlock; Director: Morgan Spurlock; Author: Morgan Spurlock; Release Date Limited: 04/22/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 22 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal' stars are back to work on season 6
- Eva Longoria dings Donald Trump at DNC: 'My father is not a rapist'
- 'Bachelorette': Wells gives 'spirited' episode recap on Snapchat
- Michelle Obama hits back at Donald Trump in powerful DNC speech
- Shannen Doherty shares breast cancer update after shaving head
- Paul Simon performs 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' at DNC
- Sarah Silverman to Bernie Sanders holdouts: 'You're being ridiculous'
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels