The crass commercial title is the pièce de résistance rigged by performance artist/filmmaker Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me): His rowdy, toothless, superficially informative meta-documentary chronicles his pursuit of sponsors to finance his documentary about pursuing sponsors to illustrate the pervasive everyday intrusion of branding, advertising, and corporate sponsorship in our lives. Always the smooth showman, Spurlock avoids answering his own question: Is he selling out or buying in? B?
MANE 'N TAIL Morgan Spurlock in POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold (Daniel Marracino)
Genre: Comedy, Documentary; Starring: Morgan Spurlock; Director: Morgan Spurlock; Author: Morgan Spurlock; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 22 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters