Peter Jackson revealed on Facebook this afternoon that his two-part adaptation of The Hobbit will feature one more familiar face: Ian Holm, who played the role of Bilbo Baggins in Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. Holm will be playing the older version of Bilbo in the director’s upcoming film; Sherlock star Martin Freeman plays Young Bilbo. Though Holms’ participation in The Hobbit has long been assumed, it wasn’t confirmed until today. He joins a cast that already includes fellow franchise vets Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis, Elijah Wood, and Cate Blanchett, as well as a host of newcomers.
Posted April 22 2011 — 4:14 PM EDT
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton
- Chloë Grace Moretz urges millennials to vote Hillary at DNC