Peter Jackson revealed on Facebook this afternoon that his two-part adaptation of The Hobbit will feature one more familiar face: Ian Holm, who played the role of Bilbo Baggins in Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. Holm will be playing the older version of Bilbo in the director’s upcoming film; Sherlock star Martin Freeman plays Young Bilbo. Though Holms’ participation in The Hobbit has long been assumed, it wasn’t confirmed until today. He joins a cast that already includes fellow franchise vets Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis, Elijah Wood, and Cate Blanchett, as well as a host of newcomers.
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9M viewers; best Friday night non-sports TV ratings since '03
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': Daisy Ridley reveals Rey secrets
- Bruce Jenner E! show about life as transgender woman will air in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'