Peter Jackson revealed on Facebook this afternoon that his two-part adaptation of The Hobbit will feature one more familiar face: Ian Holm, who played the role of Bilbo Baggins in Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. Holm will be playing the older version of Bilbo in the director’s upcoming film; Sherlock star Martin Freeman plays Young Bilbo. Though Holms’ participation in The Hobbit has long been assumed, it wasn’t confirmed until today. He joins a cast that already includes fellow franchise vets Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis, Elijah Wood, and Cate Blanchett, as well as a host of newcomers.
Posted April 22 2011 — 4:14 PM EDT
- 'Killing Reagan': Tim Matheson and Cynthia Nixon to play Ronald and Nancy
- Anthony Mackie on the importance of black superheroes
- 'Game of Thrones' releases cryptic description for 'The Door' episode
- 'The Good Wife' creators tease 'surprising but inevitable' finale
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Game of Thrones,' 'OUAT,' 'Grey's' and more
- Harry Styles chops off his hair for charity
- 'Elementary' finale sneak peek: Sherlock vs Moriarty's group!