The Hobbit director Peter Jackson announced on his Facebook page Sunday that British actor Rob Kazinsky (ABC’s Brothers & Sisters, the UK soap EastEnders) – who had been cast as Fili, one of the dwarves who accompany Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) on his grand adventure – is leaving the film “for personal reasons.” Jackson stressed that the departure “will not affect ongoing filming of The Hobbit, nor will it impact work done to date, as we had yet to film much of Fili’s storyline.” The production is currently focused on shooting scenes featuring Bilbo without the dwarves, which Jackson says “will give us time to find a new Fili.”
(Image Credit: Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images)
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip
- 'Grey's Anatomy' finale: A kidnapping! A massive earthquake! A crossover!