I’ve been staring at my computer screen for the last five minutes trying to come up with the words to describe my reaction to the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2. On the one hand, I feel it is my journalistic obligation to note dispassionately that it features foreboding shots of horcruxes, ominous shots of Severus Snape (Alan Rickman), and disquieting voice-over from Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes). And on the other hand, OMIGOD, did you SEE that giant pale dragon breaking out of Gringotts, and the fiendfyre attacking Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson), and Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) literally pulling Voldemort into battle with him?!? Harry Potter fans worldwide are now confronted more than ever with the delicious irony of wishing July 15 could be tomorrow and yet never actually wanting this movie to end. Check out the trailer below and see for yourself:
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- Play 'Pac-Man' around the world in Google Maps
- Showtime renews 'House of Lies' for fifth season
- Linda Lavin to return to Broadway in 'Our Mother's Brief Affair'
- Fox's 'Weird Loners' aren't quite weird or lonely enough
- 'Arrow'-'Flash' spinoff's role for Caity Lotz? Let's theorize...
- Beastie Boys' Adam Horovitz gives relationship advice in 'Ask a Grown Man'
- 'Ellen,' 'GH' lead Daytime Emmy noms
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!