I’ve been staring at my computer screen for the last five minutes trying to come up with the words to describe my reaction to the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2. On the one hand, I feel it is my journalistic obligation to note dispassionately that it features foreboding shots of horcruxes, ominous shots of Severus Snape (Alan Rickman), and disquieting voice-over from Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes). And on the other hand, OMIGOD, did you SEE that giant pale dragon breaking out of Gringotts, and the fiendfyre attacking Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson), and Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) literally pulling Voldemort into battle with him?!? Harry Potter fans worldwide are now confronted more than ever with the delicious irony of wishing July 15 could be tomorrow and yet never actually wanting this movie to end. Check out the trailer below and see for yourself:
Posted April 27 2011 — 10:13 PM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!