Of all the hundred million reasons to praise Super Mario Bros. 3 – the warp whistles, the shy ghosts, the questionable assertion that raccoon body parts allow you to fly – you should never forget about the iconic musical score by legendary game composer Koji Kondo. Musician Scott Bradlee has put together an acoustic version of the score, set to a hypnotic speed-run of the game. It’s a classy, jazzy tribute, full of fun little moments – pay special attention to the moment around 10:35, when Mario fights Bowser. Check out the full video below:
Posted April 27 2011 — 9:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!