Maxim has released its annual list of the world’s 100 hottest women. This year, Victoria’s Secret model/Transformers: Dark of the Moon star Rosie Huntington-Whiteley comes in at No. 1. Sure. Why not? It’s a timely pick. Just like Kate Middleton is at No. 26. A few points worth discussing though:
• Jennifer Lopez, People’s most beautiful woman, doesn’t even make the list. And this list includes Jersey Shore’s JWoww at No. 78. Do you agree with Maxim – there is a difference between beautiful and sexy, and this is the best example ever? Or do you think this is ageism? (Exhibit B, your honor: Sofia Vergara is only No. 29. Rebuttal: Cameron Diaz somehow ended up at No. 4, right after Katy Perry and right before Mila Kunis.)
• Are we excited or worried to see Emma Watson come in at No. 69? For some reason, that makes me happy, but seeing Miley Cyrus at No. 64 doesn’t. I feel like Cyrus doesn’t need the encouragement, and Watson won’t let it affect how she carries herself.
• How many male readers do you think even noticed that the text accompanying the photo of Grace Park (No. 59) in the online gallery is totally out of date? It mentions Battlestar Galactica but not Hawaii Five-0. Ditto the text for No. 24 Sarah Shahi, which says she’s currently on The L Word and doesn’t mention Fairly Legal.
• As if Christina Hendricks (No. 56) being deemed less sexy than January Jones (No. 12) isn’t upsetting enough, Lindsay Lohan is No. 38.
• It’s nice to see Winter’s Bone Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence (No. 10) get recognized. Credit her Oscar gown?
• Clearly, men love breasts. See: Michelle Trachtenberg (No. 27), Amanda Bynes (No. 30), and Alison Brie (No. 49). So where is Blake Lively? She’s not on the list, period. (Point for Leighton Meester, No. 16!)
• CBS is the hottest network, thanks to NCIS: Los Angeles’ Daniela Ruah (No. 88), Hawaii Five-0’s Park (No. 59), The Big Bang Theory’s Kaley Cuoco (No. 13), and How I Met Your Mother’s Cobie Smulders (No. 9).