Diane Farr has a reputation for frank talk (Loveline, The Job, Rescue Me, Californication, AssCastles), and the follow-up to her first book Girl Code – the concept memoir Kissing Outside the Lines, which examines interracial relationships in America, including her own marriage – is no exception. Watch our exclusive first look at the trailer for the book, now on shelves, below. It does a good job of making you want to read it with clever displays of praise from the likes of Tim Robbins (“Smart, funny and insightful – Diane Farr has written a a great book on the challenges facing interracial couples in America”), Modern Family’s Julie Bowen (“Farr has three kids and she still found time to write a pee-yourself funny examination of interracial love. I hate her”), and Lisa Ling, who also cameos (“As a journalist I found the reach of Diane’s book inspiring and important, but as a wife to someone of a different ethnic background – it was like therapy with laughter”). It also makes you want to see Farr film a documentary on the subject.
Posted May 5 2011 — 12:12 PM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!