Another day, another pair of lucky unknowns cast as tributes in the movie adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games. Today’s honor goes to newcomers Imanol Vepez-Frias and Annie Thurman, who will suit up as the unnamed boy and girl plucked from District 9. That leaves just two more Districts, most notably District 2’s dreaded Careers Cato and Clove, remaining to be cast. Filming on the Gary Ross movie begins in North Carolina in a matter of weeks.
Posted May 6 2011 — 4:47 PM EDT
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big