If you want to see a car-heist film that doesn’t completely trample the laws of physics, the upcoming indie thriller Drive might just be the movie you’ve been waiting for. Directed by Danish filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn – the auteur behind muscular films like Valhalla Rising and Bronson – Drive stars Ryan Gosling as a stuntman with a side-career as a Transporter-ish criminal driver. The film debuts at Cannes, and a two-minute clip just released on the Internet looks appropriately moody, filled with noir-ish visuals, a slow-burn soundtrack, and meaningful Gosling grimaces. Check out the clip after the jump…
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!