If you want to see a car-heist film that doesn’t completely trample the laws of physics, the upcoming indie thriller Drive might just be the movie you’ve been waiting for. Directed by Danish filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn – the auteur behind muscular films like Valhalla Rising and Bronson – Drive stars Ryan Gosling as a stuntman with a side-career as a Transporter-ish criminal driver. The film debuts at Cannes, and a two-minute clip just released on the Internet looks appropriately moody, filled with noir-ish visuals, a slow-burn soundtrack, and meaningful Gosling grimaces. Check out the clip after the jump…
Posted May 6 2011 — 12:23 PM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!