If you want to see a car-heist film that doesn’t completely trample the laws of physics, the upcoming indie thriller Drive might just be the movie you’ve been waiting for. Directed by Danish filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn – the auteur behind muscular films like Valhalla Rising and Bronson – Drive stars Ryan Gosling as a stuntman with a side-career as a Transporter-ish criminal driver. The film debuts at Cannes, and a two-minute clip just released on the Internet looks appropriately moody, filled with noir-ish visuals, a slow-burn soundtrack, and meaningful Gosling grimaces. Check out the clip after the jump…
Posted May 6 2011 — 12:23 PM EDT
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' bosses & cast preview epic crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- 'Magic Mike' star: 'Channing Tatum does not like me'