This will definitely not be your father’s Peter Pan. EW has confirmed that Aaron Eckhart has signed on to play Hook in Pan, a modern update of the beloved J.M. Barrie stories about the boy who would not grow up. Eckhart, however, won’t be the bad guy. Instead, he’ll play a former detective who is chasing a notorious and childlike kidnapper – wonder who that would be – and Soul Surfer star AnnaSophia Robb has signed on to play Wendy, the only kid to survive her abduction by the fiend. Sean Bean (HBO’s Game of Thrones) will play Smee, a detective still on the police force and Hook’s one ally. The independent film will begin shooting in Europe this fall, with videogame and feature film visual effects animator Ben Hibon making his feature directing debut.
Posted May 10 2011 — 10:36 PM EDT
- George Takei: Leonard Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?