This will definitely not be your father’s Peter Pan. EW has confirmed that Aaron Eckhart has signed on to play Hook in Pan, a modern update of the beloved J.M. Barrie stories about the boy who would not grow up. Eckhart, however, won’t be the bad guy. Instead, he’ll play a former detective who is chasing a notorious and childlike kidnapper – wonder who that would be – and Soul Surfer star AnnaSophia Robb has signed on to play Wendy, the only kid to survive her abduction by the fiend. Sean Bean (HBO’s Game of Thrones) will play Smee, a detective still on the police force and Hook’s one ally. The independent film will begin shooting in Europe this fall, with videogame and feature film visual effects animator Ben Hibon making his feature directing debut.
Posted May 10 2011 — 10:36 PM EDT
- The Monkees release new song written by XTC's Andy Partridge
- 'Killer POV' lives! Horror podcast team reassembles as 'Shock Waves'
- Arsenio Hall refutes Sinead O'Connor charge that he gave Prince drugs
- 'Bates Motel': Kerry Ehrin, Freddie Highmore on Monday's episode
- Kristen Stewart, Gabourey Sidibe to direct short films for Refinery29
- 'DWTS': Nyle DiMarco just got robbed of a 10... again
- Bono joins Lupita Nyong'o, 'Eclipsed' cast to remember kidnapped girls
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters