After a brief swirl of rumors and alarm-raising headlines, Alec Baldwin is officially on board for Rock of Ages. Earlier this week, the 30 Rock star reportedly asked studio New Line to let him out of the film — a jukebox musical set to songs by artists like Journey and Pat Benatar — for health reasons. But now Baldwin is back, and director Adam Shankman (Hairspray) confirmed on Twitter that the actor was at a table read Thursday alongside co-stars Tom Cruise, Russell Brand, and Paul Giamatti. (Catherine Zeta-Jones, who will play the female lead, was unable to attend.) Baldwin is slated to play the owner of a Sunset Strip club in the musical, which tells a love story set in 1980s Hollywood.
(Dario Cantatore/Getty Images)
Posted May 13 2011 — 5:00 PM EDT
- Bruce Springsteen stops ‘Jersey Girl’ performance for a marriage proposal
- Rihanna teases VMAs performance with abstract art video
- Here's how they make those movie sex scenes so sexy
- Robert Gant talks romancing Debbie Gibson in 'Summer of Dreams'
- 'Southside With You' reviews: What critics are saying
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard