Nothing in this enjoyably twisty, cool/ hot, genre-grafting Italian psychological thriller by Giuseppe Capotondi is what it seems. And the more you try to solve the narrative puzzle, the more you may want to watch it again — or at least argue about what’s real. Ksenia Rappoport and Filippo Timi won acting awards at the Venice Film Festival for their smoldering work as a Slovenian hotel maid and a security guard who meet at a speed-dating event only to see their budding romance interrupted by violence…maybe. A?
BUDDING ROMANCE Filippo Timi, Ksenia Rappoport in The Double Hour
Starring: Kseniya Rappoport, Filippo Timi; Starring: Antonia Truppo; Runtime (in minutes): 96; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted May 13 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?