Nothing in this enjoyably twisty, cool/ hot, genre-grafting Italian psychological thriller by Giuseppe Capotondi is what it seems. And the more you try to solve the narrative puzzle, the more you may want to watch it again — or at least argue about what’s real. Ksenia Rappoport and Filippo Timi won acting awards at the Venice Film Festival for their smoldering work as a Slovenian hotel maid and a security guard who meet at a speed-dating event only to see their budding romance interrupted by violence…maybe. A?
BUDDING ROMANCE Filippo Timi, Ksenia Rappoport in The Double Hour
Starring: Kseniya Rappoport, Filippo Timi; Starring: Antonia Truppo; Runtime (in minutes): 96; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A