Nothing in this enjoyably twisty, cool/ hot, genre-grafting Italian psychological thriller by Giuseppe Capotondi is what it seems. And the more you try to solve the narrative puzzle, the more you may want to watch it again — or at least argue about what’s real. Ksenia Rappoport and Filippo Timi won acting awards at the Venice Film Festival for their smoldering work as a Slovenian hotel maid and a security guard who meet at a speed-dating event only to see their budding romance interrupted by violence…maybe. A?
BUDDING ROMANCE Filippo Timi, Ksenia Rappoport in The Double Hour
Starring: Kseniya Rappoport, Filippo Timi; Starring: Antonia Truppo; Runtime (in minutes): 96; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted May 13 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother' single: Hear it here
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters