Etta James, the blues singer best known for her rendition of “At Last,” has checked back into the hospital with an infection that could be deadly, the Associated Press reports. The 73-year-old singer, who has been battling leukemia and suffered another infection that required hospitalization last year, is being treated for a sepsis caused by a urinary tract infection. This is the latest setback for the singer’s health: James’ struggle with dementia has also recently been revealed.
Posted May 13 2011 — 11:52 AM EDT
- Ja Rule, Ashanti reunite for mesmerizing performance of 'Helpless'
- 'Chicago P.D.': Get an exclusive first look at Nick Wechsler's debut
- 'Designated Survivor' is changing showrunners
- Sundance announces 2017 Premieres, Spotlight, Midnight, Kids sections
- 'Westworld' showrunners: Anybody could return in season 2
- 'Moana': Watch the gorgeous video for 'We Know the Way'
- Al Gore, Donald Trump, and Ivanka Trump meet to talk climate change
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday