Almost every season, there’s a shocking fourth place finisher on American Idol. And, last night, James Durbin was the contestant who joined the ranks of Tamyra Gray, Chris Daughtry, and LaToya London by finishing just short of Idol’s hometown visits. But he still went out with a crowd pleaser – singing Paul McCartney’s “Maybe I’m Amazed,” season 10’s rocker amped up his audience interaction, even planting an adorable kiss on his fiancée. Check out his exit performance embedded after the jump. Warning: Bring the Kleenex.
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!