A hobo (Rutger Hauer, all grime, wrinkles, and too-good-for-a-hobo teeth) hops off a freight train in a nameless North American Gomorrah run by a sadistic crime king (Brian Downey). Then said hobo cleans up the place by shooting buckets full of guts. He also protects a nice, very Canadian hooker (Molly Dunsworth). Of course, there’s a pomo twist to the whole overeager enterprise, in all its theoretical, film-school charm: Similar to 2010’s Machete, the movie was born from a fake ? trailer commissioned by Grindhouse directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. (also available via on demand) B?
HOBO MAYHEM Rutger Hauer plays the homeless vigilante in Hobo With a Shotgun (Karim Hussain)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Pasha Ebrahimi, Rutger Hauer, Robb Wells; Director: Jason Eisener; Author: Jason Eisener; Release Date Limited: 05/06/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 86; Distributor: Magnet
Posted May 19 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- These were the best responses to our Shondaland caption contest
- Pentatonix reveal details of new album: 'We want to prove we can write'
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- Talking 'Star Wars' toys: Hear Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma speak
- Viola Davis on the time she kissed a casting director
- 'Survivor: Second Chance': Peih-Gee Law on the advice Amanda Kimmel gave her
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!