A hobo (Rutger Hauer, all grime, wrinkles, and too-good-for-a-hobo teeth) hops off a freight train in a nameless North American Gomorrah run by a sadistic crime king (Brian Downey). Then said hobo cleans up the place by shooting buckets full of guts. He also protects a nice, very Canadian hooker (Molly Dunsworth). Of course, there’s a pomo twist to the whole overeager enterprise, in all its theoretical, film-school charm: Similar to 2010’s Machete, the movie was born from a fake ? trailer commissioned by Grindhouse directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. (also available via on demand) B?
HOBO MAYHEM Rutger Hauer plays the homeless vigilante in Hobo With a Shotgun (Karim Hussain)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Pasha Ebrahimi, Rutger Hauer, Robb Wells; Director: Jason Eisener; Author: Jason Eisener; Runtime (in minutes): 86; Distributor: Magnet
Posted May 19 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Joffrey comments on violence against women on 'Game of Thrones'
- Zayn Malik signs with RCA, says he 'left' 1D to 'show you who I really am'
- Cat Power will narrate the Janis Joplin documentary 'Janis'
- Niles Rodgers talks making 'cool as s--t' music with Beck
- Brie Larson's 'Room' gets October release date
- Trevor Noah delivers race-focused stand-up set, talks taking over for Jon Stewart
- Here's what's in store for 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' season 10
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!