A hobo (Rutger Hauer, all grime, wrinkles, and too-good-for-a-hobo teeth) hops off a freight train in a nameless North American Gomorrah run by a sadistic crime king (Brian Downey). Then said hobo cleans up the place by shooting buckets full of guts. He also protects a nice, very Canadian hooker (Molly Dunsworth). Of course, there’s a pomo twist to the whole overeager enterprise, in all its theoretical, film-school charm: Similar to 2010’s Machete, the movie was born from a fake ? trailer commissioned by Grindhouse directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. (also available via on demand) B?
HOBO MAYHEM Rutger Hauer plays the homeless vigilante in Hobo With a Shotgun (Karim Hussain)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Pasha Ebrahimi, Rutger Hauer, Robb Wells; Director: Jason Eisener; Author: Jason Eisener; Release Date Limited: 05/06/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 86; Distributor: Magnet
Posted May 19 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Steven Yeun on why Glenn has yet to kill another human on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?