A hobo (Rutger Hauer, all grime, wrinkles, and too-good-for-a-hobo teeth) hops off a freight train in a nameless North American Gomorrah run by a sadistic crime king (Brian Downey). Then said hobo cleans up the place by shooting buckets full of guts. He also protects a nice, very Canadian hooker (Molly Dunsworth). Of course, there’s a pomo twist to the whole overeager enterprise, in all its theoretical, film-school charm: Similar to 2010’s Machete, the movie was born from a fake ? trailer commissioned by Grindhouse directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. (also available via on demand) B?
HOBO MAYHEM Rutger Hauer plays the homeless vigilante in Hobo With a Shotgun (Karim Hussain)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Pasha Ebrahimi, Rutger Hauer, Robb Wells; Director: Jason Eisener; Author: Jason Eisener; Runtime (in minutes): 86; Distributor: Magnet
Posted May 19 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- J.K. Rowling—er, Robert Galbraith—is editing the latest Cormoran Strike novel
- 'World War Z' sequel set for 2017 release
- 'Human Centipede 3': What disgusting prop did the director take home?
- Joyce Carol Oates expands on PEN award protest following award for 'Charlie Hebdo'
- David Letterman's studio was thrown in the trash
- Joel McHale to host this year's ESPY Awards
- Universal reveals My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 release date
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!