A hobo (Rutger Hauer, all grime, wrinkles, and too-good-for-a-hobo teeth) hops off a freight train in a nameless North American Gomorrah run by a sadistic crime king (Brian Downey). Then said hobo cleans up the place by shooting buckets full of guts. He also protects a nice, very Canadian hooker (Molly Dunsworth). Of course, there’s a pomo twist to the whole overeager enterprise, in all its theoretical, film-school charm: Similar to 2010’s Machete, the movie was born from a fake ? trailer commissioned by Grindhouse directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. (also available via on demand) B?
HOBO MAYHEM Rutger Hauer plays the homeless vigilante in Hobo With a Shotgun (Karim Hussain)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Pasha Ebrahimi, Rutger Hauer, Robb Wells; Director: Jason Eisener; Author: Jason Eisener; Release Date Limited: 05/06/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 86; Distributor: Magnet
Posted May 19 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'