Even though it’s a shameless rip-off of 1992’s Single White Female, The Roommate (2011, PG-13, 1 hr., 31 mins.) isn’t nearly the giddy trash epic we’d hoped for. Still, there’s one scene that hints at something greater. At the 44:58 mark — SPOILER ALERT! — Leighton Meester, who plays an off-her-nut stalker, puts guileless roommate Minka Kelly’s adorable, meowing kitten, Cuddles, into an industrial-size clothes dryer to show Kelly that she…will…not…be…ignored! No, we never actually see poor Cuddles somersaulting during the tumble cycle, but it’s exactly the right kind of wrong that’s missing from the rest of the film.
Posted May 20 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dwayne Johnson has been milking his 'Sexiest Man Alive' title at home
- Kirk Douglas celebrates 100th birthday with lavish party
- Kesha delivers emotional 'Billboard' Trailblazer award speech
- Dwayne Johnson surprises military family and makes Jimmy Fallon cry
- Kids explain the story of Christmas for Jimmy Kimmel
- 'Rogue One' director says he stole the Death Star plans from set
- Trump slams 'Apprentice' producing reports as 'rediculous'