People saw all different things in Princess Beatrice’s Seussian wedding hat – a pretzel, a butterfly, fallopian tubes – but now, it’s difficult to imagine and not see dollar signs. The bold Philip Treacy creation went for $130,000 to an anonymous bidder in an auction on Sunday, raising money for UNICEF and Children in Crisis. “It has its own personality, and I am so happy that we have raised the most incredible amount of money and can make an even bigger change for the lives of some of the most vulnerable children across the world,” Beatrice said yesterday.
Posted May 23 2011 — 9:50 AM EDT
- 'PPZ': Matt Smith reveals Mr. Collins’ secret crush on Mr. Darcy
- Steven Yeun on why Glenn has yet to kill another human on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode