People saw all different things in Princess Beatrice’s Seussian wedding hat – a pretzel, a butterfly, fallopian tubes – but now, it’s difficult to imagine and not see dollar signs. The bold Philip Treacy creation went for $130,000 to an anonymous bidder in an auction on Sunday, raising money for UNICEF and Children in Crisis. “It has its own personality, and I am so happy that we have raised the most incredible amount of money and can make an even bigger change for the lives of some of the most vulnerable children across the world,” Beatrice said yesterday.
Posted May 23 2011 — 9:50 AM EDT
- Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, more tease major October event
- Milo Ventimiglia reveals what fans can expect from 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- 'UnREAL': Quinn and Rachel congratulate themselves in season 2 teasers
- WATCH: 'Jason Bourne' star on working with Matt Damon
- WATCH: Dominic Monaghan spills on 'Lord of the Rings' cast tattoo
- 'Castle': Will Stana Katic's Beckett die in the finale?
- John Oliver sums up the last 17 years for cicadas
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour