Kevin Costner is going to star and co-produce a scripted miniseries on History channel about the Hatfields and McCoys. The project will chronicle the country’s most famous family feud, two Southern clans who had a falling out after the Civil War that resulted in all-out warfare between the two families and brought Kentucky and West Virginia to the brink of war. The miniseries debuts in 2012. “Everyone knows the legend of the Hatfields-McCoy feud, but few know the true story of what occurred to make the two families become mortal enemies,” Costner said in a statement.
Posted May 24 2011 — 4:54 PM EDT
- Are 'The Revenant' and other Christmas releases at risk of losing SAG voters
- Scott Van Pelt on new midnight 'SportsCenter'
- See an exclusive clip from bonkers Italian horror movie spoof 'The Editor'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star James Pickens Jr. joins Twitter
- Telluride Film Festival lineup announced
- Shonda Rhimes & Viola Davis look back on that 'angry black woman' piece
- Sienna Miller's role was cut from 'Black Mass'
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!