Scotty McCreery was done handing out hugs by the time he made it backstage at the Nokia Theater, but his excitement about winning season 10 of American Idol was still crystal clear. EW caught up with him to talk about his friendship with runner-up Lauren Alaina (including those kisses she showered on him), his duet with Tim McGraw, and what his plans are now that the show is over. Watch our exclusive interview below.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- Monty Python's riotous NYC reunion: 12 craziest moments
- Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9M viewers; best Friday night non-sports TV ratings since '03
- 'Star Wars': Daisy Ridley reveals Rey secrets
- Bruce Jenner E! series to debut in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'