Jeff Bridges has officially been cast in R.I.P.D., the upcoming film based on Peter M. Lenkov’s comic book miniseries about a law enforcement agency operated entirely by dead people. (The title stands for “Rest In Peace Department.”) Universal confirmed Bridges’ casting to EW. The Oscar winner will join Ryan Reynolds, who stars in the film as a murdered police officer trying to find out who killed him. Bridges will play Roy, a presumably-crusty elder member of the R.I.P.D. The film is currently slated for a 2012 release, and will be directed by Robert Schwentke (Red, Flight Plan).
Posted May 26 2011 — 12:18 PM EDT
- Strong first reactions to 'Rogue One' hit after premiere
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'