John Cho (Star Trek) has joined Total Recall, Sony’s remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi action film that begins shooting Monday in Toronto. Cho will play McClane, the smooth-talking rep for the mind-messing company that tempts Colin Farrell’s Douglas Quaid to implant fantastic memories into his brain. Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel, as the Hollywood Reporter and Collider.com reported, will play Quaid’s wife and his revolutionary girlfriend, respectively. Bryan Cranston has been cast as the futuristic villain played by Ronny Cox in the original film, and Ethan Hawke will have a small role as well. Bill Nighy, who worked with Recall’s director Len Wiseman on the Underworld franchise, remains in talks, reportedly to play the revolutionary hero, Kuato.
(Tatiana Beller/PR Photos)
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner E! show about life as transgender woman will air in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo