John Cho (Star Trek) has joined Total Recall, Sony’s remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi action film that begins shooting Monday in Toronto. Cho will play McClane, the smooth-talking rep for the mind-messing company that tempts Colin Farrell’s Douglas Quaid to implant fantastic memories into his brain. Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel, as the Hollywood Reporter and Collider.com reported, will play Quaid’s wife and his revolutionary girlfriend, respectively. Bryan Cranston has been cast as the futuristic villain played by Ronny Cox in the original film, and Ethan Hawke will have a small role as well. Bill Nighy, who worked with Recall’s director Len Wiseman on the Underworld franchise, remains in talks, reportedly to play the revolutionary hero, Kuato.
- Duggar parents book Fox News interview
- Chris Farley documentary will debut this summer
- Lena Dunham: Hillary Clinton support has nothing to do with gender
- 'Tron 3' not moving forward: Disney
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2