John Cho (Star Trek) has joined Total Recall, Sony’s remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi action film that begins shooting Monday in Toronto. Cho will play McClane, the smooth-talking rep for the mind-messing company that tempts Colin Farrell’s Douglas Quaid to implant fantastic memories into his brain. Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel, as the Hollywood Reporter and Collider.com reported, will play Quaid’s wife and his revolutionary girlfriend, respectively. Bryan Cranston has been cast as the futuristic villain played by Ronny Cox in the original film, and Ethan Hawke will have a small role as well. Bill Nighy, who worked with Recall’s director Len Wiseman on the Underworld franchise, remains in talks, reportedly to play the revolutionary hero, Kuato.
(Tatiana Beller/PR Photos)
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- 'Daily Show' correspondent Aasif Mandvi thinks Trevor Noah backlash is 'much ado about nothing'
- Jeremy Clarkson, 'Top Gear' co-hosts to tour
- Patton Oswalt defends new 'Daily Show' host Trevor Noah in Twitter rant
- Rumored 'Star Wars' spin-off star Ben Mendelsohn talks his love of the series: Exclusive
- Dustin Lynch checks in from tour, talks 'On The DL,' spring break, and his new single
- Steven Tyler is going country
- Netflix's binge-watching warnings are the best April Fool's prank