Oprah, if you don’t forward this blog post to 10 people in the next 10 minutes, you’re going to have bad luck for the next 10 years!
Sorry, Lady O, but you’d better be prepared for a whole lot of that as you’ve just given out your email to everyone in the free world. Winfrey, who put the kibosh on The Oprah Show for good after 25 seasons yesterday, hopped on her Facebook to announce she’d be keeping in touch all summer with her fans… and anyone with access to the Internet, for that matter.
Winfrey posted, “Oprah@oprah.com. This is going to be my personal e-mail account for all of you. When you get something in your in box from me it will be from me directly. And I’ll be reading as many of your e-mails as I can as I move to my next life on OWN. I want you to know that what you have to say matters to me.”
Look, we know she has a little bit more free time with her show being finished, but this is no small undertaking. (Clearly she didn’t see Bruce Almighty.) And while it seems O has already been responding to some folks – a few people on Facebook bragged they’ve heard back from her – but we’ve got to wonder how long that will last. In order to make this a little easier for her, we wanted to make a few suggestions to folks as to what not to send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) Aforementioned chain letters. Nobody, not even Oprah, likes those.
2) Requests for a new car/a trip to Australia/healing of the lepers.
3) Hate mail. It’s not that we don’t think she hasn’t heard it all before, but Internet karma could totally bite you in the ass. Think of what an Oprah virus would do to your laptop.
4) Groupons. We have a sneaking suspicion she can afford it at full price.
5) Evites. Oprah probably can’t make it to your Memorial Day BBQ.
Will you be sending Oprah an email, PopWatchers? Let us know in the comments section below!