For three seasons Lisa Kudrow, 47, has dispensed horrible advice under the guise of self-absorbed therapist Fiona Wallice in the award-winning online improv series Web Therapy (lstudio.com). And starting July 19, the dark comedy comes to Showtime in a 30-minute format, using therapy sessions from the Web version’s first two seasons mixed with new segments about Fiona’s personal life. ”We thought, ‘Let’s not just string our webisodes together,”’ says Kudrow. ”’Let’s see if we can work in more of the narrative.”’ This fleshed-out version includes more airtime for Victor Garber, who plays Fiona’s husband, Kip, as well as new cast member Lily Tomlin, who stars as Fiona’s callous mom. ”With her mother, you understand a little more,” explains Kudrow. ”[She’s] the only person who can shut Fiona up. It was fun to improvise with Lily, who was so perfectly this character. I’ve never spoken less.”
Posted May 27 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Authors tweet hilarious advice on what NOT to say to a writer
- Jaden Smith roams Italy in 'Scarface' video
- 'Mythbusters' to revisit famous 'Jaws' stunt
- New 'Bourne' film recruits Tommy Lee Jones
- Bryan Cranston and Helen Mirren tangle in new photo from 'Trumbo'
- Meet the four real-life Jerry Maguires on 'The Agent' — EXCLUSIVE
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!