For three seasons Lisa Kudrow, 47, has dispensed horrible advice under the guise of self-absorbed therapist Fiona Wallice in the award-winning online improv series Web Therapy (lstudio.com). And starting July 19, the dark comedy comes to Showtime in a 30-minute format, using therapy sessions from the Web version’s first two seasons mixed with new segments about Fiona’s personal life. ”We thought, ‘Let’s not just string our webisodes together,”’ says Kudrow. ”’Let’s see if we can work in more of the narrative.”’ This fleshed-out version includes more airtime for Victor Garber, who plays Fiona’s husband, Kip, as well as new cast member Lily Tomlin, who stars as Fiona’s callous mom. ”With her mother, you understand a little more,” explains Kudrow. ”[She’s] the only person who can shut Fiona up. It was fun to improvise with Lily, who was so perfectly this character. I’ve never spoken less.”
Posted May 27 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!