Clarice Taylor, who had a pivotal recurring role on The Cosby Show, died on Monday, according to People. The actress, who was 93, succumbed to heart failure. One of the founding members of the Negro Ensemble Company, Taylor had a career that spanned the stage, the big and small screen, and radio. She was in the original Broadway cast of The Wiz (as the Good Witch), and had a supporting role in Clint Eastwood’s Play Misty For Me. On The Cosby Show, she played Anna Huxtable, mother of Bill Cosby’s Cliff Huxtable, a role which garnered her an Emmy nomination in 1986. She is survived by two sons and five grandchildren.
Posted June 1 2011 — 3:03 PM EDT
- 'Days of our Lives' actor Joseph Mascolo dies at 87
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Bruce Campbell previews 'pretty big' season finale
- Shaquille O'Neal lip syncs Beyoncé's 'All Night'
- MSNBC anchor apologizes for saying Fox News held party at Trump hotel
- Reese Witherspoon covers Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on 'Sing' soundtrack
- T.J. Miller arrested on suspicion of battery on car service driver
- Why Will Smith chose 'Suicide Squad' over 'Independence Day' sequel