Earlier today, I considered why no other entertainer had thought to parody Melissa Leo’s hilariously misguided, but ultimately effective Oscar ads. Well, it looks like our favorite celebrities were waiting for Emmy time to break out their considerable glamour. This morning, we pointed to Pee-Wee Herman’s Emmy-aimed lampoon for his HBO special, The Pee-Wee Herman Show; and now, the same day, we find the most-recent issue of Emmy Magazine, featuring Jimmy Kimmel’s own “Consider” ad that opts to poke fun at Leo’s awkward trying-to-cheat-while-looking-at-the-eye-chart pose. Special props to Kimmel, who eschewed Photoshop magic and squeezed into this sleek black number that only highlights his bedroom eyes. Consider us smitten. Will Emmy follow suit?
(Courtesy of ABC)
Posted June 3 2011 — 2:25 PM EDT
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton
- Chloë Grace Moretz urges millennials to vote Hillary at DNC
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Donald Trump's proposed Muslim ban is 'tyranny'
- Meryl Streep in talks to join Emily Blunt in 'Mary Poppins Returns'