Earlier today, I considered why no other entertainer had thought to parody Melissa Leo’s hilariously misguided, but ultimately effective Oscar ads. Well, it looks like our favorite celebrities were waiting for Emmy time to break out their considerable glamour. This morning, we pointed to Pee-Wee Herman’s Emmy-aimed lampoon for his HBO special, The Pee-Wee Herman Show; and now, the same day, we find the most-recent issue of Emmy Magazine, featuring Jimmy Kimmel’s own “Consider” ad that opts to poke fun at Leo’s awkward trying-to-cheat-while-looking-at-the-eye-chart pose. Special props to Kimmel, who eschewed Photoshop magic and squeezed into this sleek black number that only highlights his bedroom eyes. Consider us smitten. Will Emmy follow suit?
(Courtesy of ABC)
Posted June 3 2011 — 2:25 PM EDT
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer YOUR burning questions
- 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' is a movie about acting
- 'Finding Dory' stars share an adorable Mother's Day message
- 'American Idol' alum Rickey Smith dies at 36
- Ben Affleck has a new role in making 'Justice League'
- Colin Farrell: 'Fright Night' is my greatest success... because of mom
- All the details on City Year's star-studded Spring Break event