Earlier today, I considered why no other entertainer had thought to parody Melissa Leo’s hilariously misguided, but ultimately effective Oscar ads. Well, it looks like our favorite celebrities were waiting for Emmy time to break out their considerable glamour. This morning, we pointed to Pee-Wee Herman’s Emmy-aimed lampoon for his HBO special, The Pee-Wee Herman Show; and now, the same day, we find the most-recent issue of Emmy Magazine, featuring Jimmy Kimmel’s own “Consider” ad that opts to poke fun at Leo’s awkward trying-to-cheat-while-looking-at-the-eye-chart pose. Special props to Kimmel, who eschewed Photoshop magic and squeezed into this sleek black number that only highlights his bedroom eyes. Consider us smitten. Will Emmy follow suit?
(Courtesy of ABC)
Posted June 3 2011 — 2:25 PM EDT
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters