Earlier today, I considered why no other entertainer had thought to parody Melissa Leo’s hilariously misguided, but ultimately effective Oscar ads. Well, it looks like our favorite celebrities were waiting for Emmy time to break out their considerable glamour. This morning, we pointed to Pee-Wee Herman’s Emmy-aimed lampoon for his HBO special, The Pee-Wee Herman Show; and now, the same day, we find the most-recent issue of Emmy Magazine, featuring Jimmy Kimmel’s own “Consider” ad that opts to poke fun at Leo’s awkward trying-to-cheat-while-looking-at-the-eye-chart pose. Special props to Kimmel, who eschewed Photoshop magic and squeezed into this sleek black number that only highlights his bedroom eyes. Consider us smitten. Will Emmy follow suit?
(Courtesy of ABC)
Posted June 3 2011 — 2:25 PM EDT
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Isis King is 'the Kate Moss of the trans models' in 'Strut' finale clip
- Watch: Chad returns on 'Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After?'