On The Big Bang Theory, Jim Parsons plays someone who would like to believe that he’s ahead of his time. Now on iCarly, he’ll play someone who claims that he actually is. EW has learned that the Emmy-winning actor will guest star on Miranda Cosgrove’s hit Nickelodeon sitcom as Caleb, a psychiatric patient who thinks that he hails from the future. He winds up befriending Carly and Co. when they visit the ward. Parsons, who is currently appearing on Broadway in The Normal Heart, shoots his guest spot today; the episode will air later this year as part of the show’s fourth season. Jane Lynch and Jack Black have also popped up in season 4, which is averaging 6.4 million viewers per episode.
(Bob Charlotte/PR Photos; Lisa Rose/Nickelodeon)
Posted June 6 2011 — 10:40 AM EDT
- Bill Maher gives commencement speech from the year 2041 on 'Real Time'
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Behind the climactic Beast & Psylocke battle
- Jimmy Fallon, Maya Rudolph, Martin Short star in cop show spoof
- Rashida Jones teaches Stephen Colbert how to be a feminist
- Donald Trump's 'senior junior strategist' explains insult campaign
- Shonda Rhimes, Art Garfunkel almost fought during 'Hamilton'
- 'Maze Runner: The Death Cure' pushed to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien recovers
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers