Judy Moody (Australian newcomer Jordana Beatty) is an imaginative third grader on a quest to have the best summer ever by becoming the first of her friends to score 100 ”thrill points.” Jaleel White — best known as Urkel on the ’90s sitcom Family Matters — plays her wacky teacher. ”[Director] John Schultz told me to try to be part Richard Pryor and part Mister Rogers,” says White. ”I don’t know what the heck that is even now, and I already completed the role.” —Maggie Pehanick
SUGAR HIGH One hopes that during her quest to have the best summer ever, Judy Moody doesn't end up in a diabetic coma. (Suzanne Tenner)
Posted June 6 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations