Judy Moody (Australian newcomer Jordana Beatty) is an imaginative third grader on a quest to have the best summer ever by becoming the first of her friends to score 100 ”thrill points.” Jaleel White — best known as Urkel on the ’90s sitcom Family Matters — plays her wacky teacher. ”[Director] John Schultz told me to try to be part Richard Pryor and part Mister Rogers,” says White. ”I don’t know what the heck that is even now, and I already completed the role.” —Maggie Pehanick
SUGAR HIGH One hopes that during her quest to have the best summer ever, Judy Moody doesn't end up in a diabetic coma. (Suzanne Tenner)
Posted June 6 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- '90210' actress wants actors' ages off casting sites to prevent ageism
- Doug Liman to direct 'Justice League Dark' for Warner Bros.
- PaleyFest: Made in NY to feature 'Daily Show,' 'Homeland,' 'Elementary'
- Hear a never-released George Carlin bit about hating the police
- The Weeknd teases new music
- Jennifer Holliday joining 'The Color Purple' revival
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...