Judy Moody (Australian newcomer Jordana Beatty) is an imaginative third grader on a quest to have the best summer ever by becoming the first of her friends to score 100 ”thrill points.” Jaleel White — best known as Urkel on the ’90s sitcom Family Matters — plays her wacky teacher. ”[Director] John Schultz told me to try to be part Richard Pryor and part Mister Rogers,” says White. ”I don’t know what the heck that is even now, and I already completed the role.” —Maggie Pehanick
SUGAR HIGH One hopes that during her quest to have the best summer ever, Judy Moody doesn't end up in a diabetic coma. (Suzanne Tenner)
Posted June 6 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Twilight' vs. 'Life and Death': A sexy vampire glossary
- 'We Are Still Here': How they created the year's creepiest ghosts
- 'Grandfathered' snags 'Agent Carter' star as love interest
- Jared Leto stayed in character on 'Suicide Squad' set
- New Cosby accuser files lawsuit: 'It is my hope that he will in fact face justice'
- Nina Dobrev explains why she's the scariest cast member in 'The Final Girls'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': Robert Kirkman promises 'awesome boat stuff' in season 2