Though it doesn’t work as entertainment, this numbingly chipper rom-com (directed by Dermot Mulroney) might be of historical value someday as an A-to-Z guide to the genre’s most overworked clichés. Mandy Moore smirks and pouts and pratfalls as a marriage counselor trying to referee a fight between her parents (Jane Seymour and James Brolin). But can she hang on to her own doting husband (shirt-phobic Twilight hunk Kellan Lutz)? Spare yourself the answer. (Also available on demand) D
SMELL THE ROSES Mandy Moore in Love, Wedding, Marriage (Samantha Fielding)
Genre: Romantic Comedy; Starring: Kellan Lutz, Mandy Moore, Jessica Szohr; Director: Dermot Mulroney; Author: Anouska Chydzik; Release Date Wide: 05/17/2011; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted June 6 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters