Though it doesn’t work as entertainment, this numbingly chipper rom-com (directed by Dermot Mulroney) might be of historical value someday as an A-to-Z guide to the genre’s most overworked clichés. Mandy Moore smirks and pouts and pratfalls as a marriage counselor trying to referee a fight between her parents (Jane Seymour and James Brolin). But can she hang on to her own doting husband (shirt-phobic Twilight hunk Kellan Lutz)? Spare yourself the answer. (Also available on demand) D
SMELL THE ROSES Mandy Moore in Love, Wedding, Marriage (Samantha Fielding)
Genre: Romantic Comedy; Starring: Kellan Lutz, Mandy Moore, Jessica Szohr; Director: Dermot Mulroney; Author: Anouska Chydzik; Release Date Wide: 05/17/2011; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted June 6 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'