Though it doesn’t work as entertainment, this numbingly chipper rom-com (directed by Dermot Mulroney) might be of historical value someday as an A-to-Z guide to the genre’s most overworked clichés. Mandy Moore smirks and pouts and pratfalls as a marriage counselor trying to referee a fight between her parents (Jane Seymour and James Brolin). But can she hang on to her own doting husband (shirt-phobic Twilight hunk Kellan Lutz)? Spare yourself the answer. (Also available on demand) D
SMELL THE ROSES Mandy Moore in Love, Wedding, Marriage (Samantha Fielding)
Genre: Romantic Comedy; Starring: Kellan Lutz, Mandy Moore, Jessica Szohr; Director: Dermot Mulroney; Author: Anouska Chydzik; Release Date Wide: 05/17/2011; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Watch Daft Punk's ode to Nile Rodgers from new documentary
- Jason Reitman hosting 'Mad Men' live read, finale screening
- Hear Barenaked Ladies' '90s alt-ballad 'Say What You Want'
- 'The Originals' star: Season 2 finale sets up 'a whole new show'
- Jenny Slate, Ari Graynor to star in FX road-trip comedy fro 'Obvious Child' team'
- D'Angelo announces U.S. dates for Second Coming tour
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner John Logan teases season 2's 'ferocious enemy'