Though it doesn’t work as entertainment, this numbingly chipper rom-com (directed by Dermot Mulroney) might be of historical value someday as an A-to-Z guide to the genre’s most overworked clichés. Mandy Moore smirks and pouts and pratfalls as a marriage counselor trying to referee a fight between her parents (Jane Seymour and James Brolin). But can she hang on to her own doting husband (shirt-phobic Twilight hunk Kellan Lutz)? Spare yourself the answer. (Also available on demand) D
SMELL THE ROSES Mandy Moore in Love, Wedding, Marriage (Samantha Fielding)
Genre: Romantic Comedy; Starring: Kellan Lutz, Mandy Moore, Jessica Szohr; Director: Dermot Mulroney; Author: Anouska Chydzik; Release Date Wide: 05/17/2011; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted June 6 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!