Though it doesn’t work as entertainment, this numbingly chipper rom-com (directed by Dermot Mulroney) might be of historical value someday as an A-to-Z guide to the genre’s most overworked clichés. Mandy Moore smirks and pouts and pratfalls as a marriage counselor trying to referee a fight between her parents (Jane Seymour and James Brolin). But can she hang on to her own doting husband (shirt-phobic Twilight hunk Kellan Lutz)? Spare yourself the answer. (Also available on demand) D
SMELL THE ROSES Mandy Moore in Love, Wedding, Marriage (Samantha Fielding)
Genre: Romantic Comedy; Starring: Kellan Lutz, Mandy Moore, Jessica Szohr; Director: Dermot Mulroney; Author: Anouska Chydzik; Release Date Wide: 05/17/2011; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted June 6 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!