Turns out the British tabloids aren’t always wrong. EW has confirmed reports in Rupert Murdoch’s News of the World earlier today that actress Naomie Harris (Pirates of the Caribbean, 28 Days Later) is being considered to star as a Bond girl in Bond 23, the stand-in title for the long-delayed, soon-to-shoot 007 movie. A spokesperson for Eon Productions, Bond’s home, tells EW that Harris has indeed met with the filmmakers, although no deals have yet been struck. Beyond that, all we know about the film is that Sam Mendes will direct, Daniel Craig will return as Bond for the third time, and Judi Dench will be back as M. Although EW has not confirmed it, the British tabs have also reported that offers to play the villain have gone out to Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes. Who knows? Maybe they’re right about that too.
Posted June 6 2011 — 6:13 PM EDT
- Dylan O'Brien injuries further delay 'Maze Runner' sequel production
- 'The Flash' needs a new director
- 'The Ranch' renewed by Netflix
- 'Arrow' producer: 'Diversity is not a burden, it’s just smart business'
- Warren G bungled 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game' at Friday's Cubs game
- Michael Shannon on the theater parts that shaped his career
- Elisabeth Moss to star in Hulu series The Handmaid's Tale
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch