Turns out the British tabloids aren’t always wrong. EW has confirmed reports in Rupert Murdoch’s News of the World earlier today that actress Naomie Harris (Pirates of the Caribbean, 28 Days Later) is being considered to star as a Bond girl in Bond 23, the stand-in title for the long-delayed, soon-to-shoot 007 movie. A spokesperson for Eon Productions, Bond’s home, tells EW that Harris has indeed met with the filmmakers, although no deals have yet been struck. Beyond that, all we know about the film is that Sam Mendes will direct, Daniel Craig will return as Bond for the third time, and Judi Dench will be back as M. Although EW has not confirmed it, the British tabs have also reported that offers to play the villain have gone out to Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes. Who knows? Maybe they’re right about that too.
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on now (Tribeca films), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!