Turns out the British tabloids aren’t always wrong. EW has confirmed reports in Rupert Murdoch’s News of the World earlier today that actress Naomie Harris (Pirates of the Caribbean, 28 Days Later) is being considered to star as a Bond girl in Bond 23, the stand-in title for the long-delayed, soon-to-shoot 007 movie. A spokesperson for Eon Productions, Bond’s home, tells EW that Harris has indeed met with the filmmakers, although no deals have yet been struck. Beyond that, all we know about the film is that Sam Mendes will direct, Daniel Craig will return as Bond for the third time, and Judi Dench will be back as M. Although EW has not confirmed it, the British tabs have also reported that offers to play the villain have gone out to Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes. Who knows? Maybe they’re right about that too.
Posted June 6 2011 — 6:13 PM EDT
- 'The Mummy' director on the big surprises in that new trailer
- Bob Dylan provides speech for Nobel Prize banquet he won't attend
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' becomes third-biggest debut of 2016
- Stone Temple Pilots remember Scott Weiland one year after his death
- What to Watch: Chance the Rapper and James Taylor help light a tree
- Celebs react to Dakota Access Pipeline victory
- WATCH: Helen Mirren's ruff day turns adorable as she's surprised by puppies
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners