Turns out the British tabloids aren’t always wrong. EW has confirmed reports in Rupert Murdoch’s News of the World earlier today that actress Naomie Harris (Pirates of the Caribbean, 28 Days Later) is being considered to star as a Bond girl in Bond 23, the stand-in title for the long-delayed, soon-to-shoot 007 movie. A spokesperson for Eon Productions, Bond’s home, tells EW that Harris has indeed met with the filmmakers, although no deals have yet been struck. Beyond that, all we know about the film is that Sam Mendes will direct, Daniel Craig will return as Bond for the third time, and Judi Dench will be back as M. Although EW has not confirmed it, the British tabs have also reported that offers to play the villain have gone out to Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes. Who knows? Maybe they’re right about that too.
Posted June 6 2011 — 6:13 PM EDT
- Tilda Swinton in talks for 'Doctor Strange'
- Jesse Plemons, Domhnall Gleeson join Tom Cruise for 'Mena'
- ‘Hocus Pocus’ stage show will haunt Disney World this Halloween
- Young Thug wants to call his next mixtape 'Carter V'
- Former Girls frontman Christopher Owens drops new album
- 'Pawn Sacrifice' trailer shows Bobby Fischer's greatest struggles
- Mariah and me(?!) on stage in Las Vegas: Tweet dreams are made of this...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Lady Gaga, The Rock, Demi Lovato & More!