Turns out the British tabloids aren’t always wrong. EW has confirmed reports in Rupert Murdoch’s News of the World earlier today that actress Naomie Harris (Pirates of the Caribbean, 28 Days Later) is being considered to star as a Bond girl in Bond 23, the stand-in title for the long-delayed, soon-to-shoot 007 movie. A spokesperson for Eon Productions, Bond’s home, tells EW that Harris has indeed met with the filmmakers, although no deals have yet been struck. Beyond that, all we know about the film is that Sam Mendes will direct, Daniel Craig will return as Bond for the third time, and Judi Dench will be back as M. Although EW has not confirmed it, the British tabs have also reported that offers to play the villain have gone out to Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes. Who knows? Maybe they’re right about that too.
Posted June 6 2011 — 6:13 PM EDT
- 'The Girl on the Train' switch from London to New York explained
- Beyoncé remembers Aaliyah with throwback VMAs video
- Homeland Security investigating Leslie Jones website hack
- Kings of Leon set release date for new album 'Walls'
- HBO to air Tracey Ullman sketch series, T.J. Miller stand-up special
- Britney Spears had never seen Carpool Karaoke before segment
- Aaron Paul wants to adopt 'Stranger Things' Millie Bobby Brown