Gleeks, rejoice! Glee star Chris Colfer has just signed a two-book deal with Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. The first will be an adventure novel that draws elements from the very, very in-vogue world of classic fairy tales. The Land of Stories is set to hit stores in summer 2012, with the second as-of-yet untitled novel coming later. While these will be Colfer’s first foray as a novelist, he does have some experience as a writer, having recently penned the scripts for a Disney Channel pilot and the movie Struck by Lightning. According to Colfer, The Land of Stories has been percolating in his brain for quite a while. “When I was ten years old, I promised myself that if I ever had the opportunity to write this book, I would jump at the chance,” he says in the press release. “This book has been at the core of my imagination for a long time and I’m excited and nervous to share it.”
Posted June 8 2011 — 4:00 PM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters