Gleeks, rejoice! Glee star Chris Colfer has just signed a two-book deal with Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. The first will be an adventure novel that draws elements from the very, very in-vogue world of classic fairy tales. The Land of Stories is set to hit stores in summer 2012, with the second as-of-yet untitled novel coming later. While these will be Colfer’s first foray as a novelist, he does have some experience as a writer, having recently penned the scripts for a Disney Channel pilot and the movie Struck by Lightning. According to Colfer, The Land of Stories has been percolating in his brain for quite a while. “When I was ten years old, I promised myself that if I ever had the opportunity to write this book, I would jump at the chance,” he says in the press release. “This book has been at the core of my imagination for a long time and I’m excited and nervous to share it.”
Posted June 8 2011 — 4:00 PM EDT
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- See how 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' created 'The Twins'
- Nick Jonas passionately lip-synced to ‘Let It Go’ at Demi Lovato’s pre-VMAs concert
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- J.K. Rowling, Joyce Carol Oates, and more pay tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Box office report: 'Straight Outta Compton' wins again
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!