Gleeks, rejoice! Glee star Chris Colfer has just signed a two-book deal with Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. The first will be an adventure novel that draws elements from the very, very in-vogue world of classic fairy tales. The Land of Stories is set to hit stores in summer 2012, with the second as-of-yet untitled novel coming later. While these will be Colfer’s first foray as a novelist, he does have some experience as a writer, having recently penned the scripts for a Disney Channel pilot and the movie Struck by Lightning. According to Colfer, The Land of Stories has been percolating in his brain for quite a while. “When I was ten years old, I promised myself that if I ever had the opportunity to write this book, I would jump at the chance,” he says in the press release. “This book has been at the core of my imagination for a long time and I’m excited and nervous to share it.”
Posted June 8 2011 — 4:00 PM EDT
- Comic-Con: 'South Park' creators won't do another Pokémon episode
- Comic-Con 2016: ‘Scream Queens’ boss teases ‘bloodier and funnier’ season 2
- LISTEN: Jamie Lee Curtis: ‘Everyone is an a—hole' on 'Scream Queens'
- WATCH: See the new trailer for the secret 'Blair Witch' sequel
- 'Ms. Marvel' co-creator on helping to make comics more diverse
- 'iZombie' panel reveals Robert Knepper's return as Blaine's dad
- John Lewis on civil rights leaders: 'We didn't hate'