Gleeks, rejoice! Glee star Chris Colfer has just signed a two-book deal with Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. The first will be an adventure novel that draws elements from the very, very in-vogue world of classic fairy tales. The Land of Stories is set to hit stores in summer 2012, with the second as-of-yet untitled novel coming later. While these will be Colfer’s first foray as a novelist, he does have some experience as a writer, having recently penned the scripts for a Disney Channel pilot and the movie Struck by Lightning. According to Colfer, The Land of Stories has been percolating in his brain for quite a while. “When I was ten years old, I promised myself that if I ever had the opportunity to write this book, I would jump at the chance,” he says in the press release. “This book has been at the core of my imagination for a long time and I’m excited and nervous to share it.”
Posted June 8 2011 — 4:00 PM EDT
- Tracy Morgan's first TV interview since car accident to air on 'Today'
- See the cover and an excerpt from Michael Buckley's 'Raging Sea,' book two in the Undertow Trilogy
- Mizgin ditches an ex in 'If I Said I'm In Love (Suicide)' video -- exclusive
- U2 pays tribute to deceased tour manager at Los Angeles concert
- Kit Harington and Alicia Vikander are a darling 'Testament of Youth' in exclusive clip
- 'Jaws' turns 40, returns to theaters for another feeding