'Human Centipede II' director responds to U.K. ban: 'Shouldn't a good horror film be horrific'? | EW.com

Movies | Inside Movies

'Human Centipede II' director responds to U.K. ban: 'Shouldn't a good horror film be horrific'?

human

Director Tom Six has responded to the British Board of Film Classification’s announcement on Monday that it is refusing to give Human Centipede II a video classification because the horror sequel was “potentially obscene.” In an email to Empire magazine, Six sarcastically thanked the BBFC for both featuring plot spoilers on their website and for banning the film. The filmmaker continued, “Apparently I made an horrific horror-film, but shouldn’t a good horror film be horrific? My dear people it is a f—ing MOVIE. It is all fictional. Not real. It is all make-belief. It is art. Give people their own choice to watch it or not. If people can’t handle or like my movies they just don’t watch them. If people like my movies they have to be able to see it any time, anywhere also in the UK.”

Human Centipede II is the sequel to last year’s Six-directed Human Centipede, in which a mad doctor stitches three victims together to make the titular monstrosity. Earlier this year, Six told EW that IFC were planning to release Human Centipede II here “after the summer.” He also said the second film makes the first look like “My Little Pony,” a boast that the description of the movie on the BBFC website would suggest is by no means empty.

Read more:
‘Human Centipede II’ rejected by the British Board of Film Classification
‘Human Centipede’ director Tom Six talks about the sequel, his plan for a threequel, and all those parodies

More from Our Partners