This deadpan, loopy Norwegian horror movie has monsters out of a fairy tale: giant furry trolls (some with three heads) who lumber out of the woods like oversize Muppets with a touch of King Kong. It was an effective choice to shoot these majestic creatures vérité-style, with a jittery camera, but Trollhunter, unfortunately, is such an under-imagined knockoff of The Blair Witch Project that whenever the trolls aren’t on screen, it verges on tedium. As the stoic titular slayer, Otto Jespersen is the one actor who holds you. B?
NORWEGIAN HORROR Giant furry troll in Trollhunter
Genre: Foreign Language; Starring: Otto Jespersen, Johanna Morck; Director: Andre Ovredal; Author: Andre Ovredal; Release Date Limited: 06/10/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Magnet
Posted June 8 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- J.K. Rowling feared second 'Harry Potter' couldn't live up to the first
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright