This deadpan, loopy Norwegian horror movie has monsters out of a fairy tale: giant furry trolls (some with three heads) who lumber out of the woods like oversize Muppets with a touch of King Kong. It was an effective choice to shoot these majestic creatures vérité-style, with a jittery camera, but Trollhunter, unfortunately, is such an under-imagined knockoff of The Blair Witch Project that whenever the trolls aren’t on screen, it verges on tedium. As the stoic titular slayer, Otto Jespersen is the one actor who holds you. B?
NORWEGIAN HORROR Giant furry troll in Trollhunter
Genre: Foreign Language; Starring: Otto Jespersen, Johanna Morck; Director: Andre Ovredal; Author: Andre Ovredal; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Magnet
Posted June 8 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Paul McCartney & Dave Grohl play Beatles classic 'I Saw Her Standing There'
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- J.K. Rowling cheers Ireland's gay wed vote
- 'A Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in car crash
- 'Turn' sneak peek: Washington meets Lafayette
- Chris Pratt: Why I'm ready to get away from Hollywood
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!