This deadpan, loopy Norwegian horror movie has monsters out of a fairy tale: giant furry trolls (some with three heads) who lumber out of the woods like oversize Muppets with a touch of King Kong. It was an effective choice to shoot these majestic creatures vérité-style, with a jittery camera, but Trollhunter, unfortunately, is such an under-imagined knockoff of The Blair Witch Project that whenever the trolls aren’t on screen, it verges on tedium. As the stoic titular slayer, Otto Jespersen is the one actor who holds you. B?
NORWEGIAN HORROR Giant furry troll in Trollhunter
Genre: Foreign Language; Starring: Otto Jespersen, Johanna Morck; Director: Andre Ovredal; Author: Andre Ovredal; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Magnet
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Casting Net: 'TMNT 2' adds Brian Tee as bad guy Shredder
- 'Osbournes' won't reboot at VH1
- 'Chicago Fire/PD,' 'SVU' bosses on fatal crossover event
- Viola Davis will play Harriet Tubman in HBO movie
- Indie director Adam Wingard to tackle 'Death Note'
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed
- Hailee Steinfeld cast to star in 'Break My Heart 1,000 Times' film adaptation