This deadpan, loopy Norwegian horror movie has monsters out of a fairy tale: giant furry trolls (some with three heads) who lumber out of the woods like oversize Muppets with a touch of King Kong. It was an effective choice to shoot these majestic creatures vérité-style, with a jittery camera, but Trollhunter, unfortunately, is such an under-imagined knockoff of The Blair Witch Project that whenever the trolls aren’t on screen, it verges on tedium. As the stoic titular slayer, Otto Jespersen is the one actor who holds you. B?
NORWEGIAN HORROR Giant furry troll in Trollhunter
Genre: Foreign Language; Starring: Otto Jespersen, Johanna Morck; Director: Andre Ovredal; Author: Andre Ovredal; Release Date Limited: 06/10/2011; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Magnet
Posted June 8 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing