This deadpan, loopy Norwegian horror movie has monsters out of a fairy tale: giant furry trolls (some with three heads) who lumber out of the woods like oversize Muppets with a touch of King Kong. It was an effective choice to shoot these majestic creatures vérité-style, with a jittery camera, but Trollhunter, unfortunately, is such an under-imagined knockoff of The Blair Witch Project that whenever the trolls aren’t on screen, it verges on tedium. As the stoic titular slayer, Otto Jespersen is the one actor who holds you. B?
NORWEGIAN HORROR Giant furry troll in Trollhunter
Genre: Foreign Language; Starring: Otto Jespersen, Johanna Morck; Director: Andre Ovredal; Author: Andre Ovredal; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Magnet
Posted June 8 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt