The idea for Miss Peregrine’s Home popped into Ransom Riggs’ head when he ran across some sinister-looking vintage photos, which ”suggest stories even though you don’t know who the people are or exactly when they were taken.” As he began writing, he kept searching for images, even combing swap meets and flea markets. ”I was developing the story as I was finding the photos. I’d find a particularly evocative photo and I’d say, ‘I need to work this in somehow.’ ” Most are reproduced in the novel ”as is,” but a few have been digitally altered. Riggs says he ended up with more photos than he could use: ”I have a nice big fat backlog for the second book.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo