The idea for Miss Peregrine’s Home popped into Ransom Riggs’ head when he ran across some sinister-looking vintage photos, which ”suggest stories even though you don’t know who the people are or exactly when they were taken.” As he began writing, he kept searching for images, even combing swap meets and flea markets. ”I was developing the story as I was finding the photos. I’d find a particularly evocative photo and I’d say, ‘I need to work this in somehow.’ ” Most are reproduced in the novel ”as is,” but a few have been digitally altered. Riggs says he ended up with more photos than he could use: ”I have a nice big fat backlog for the second book.”
Posted June 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!