Buck Brannaman escaped an abusive childhood in Montana and Idaho to become a master teacher of horsemanship and the main inspiration for the book and the movie The Horse Whisperer. First-time documentarian Cindy Meehl follows the humble, authoritative cowboy — an American ideal of grace and hard work over adversity — as he travels the country giving his famous clinics for ”horses with people problems.” The result is a portrait that expertly mirrors its subject: Buck is shaped with the same economy, restraint, and unfussiness as the man, to unexpectedly inspiring effect. (Also available on demand) A?
Starring: Buck Brannaman; Director: Cindy Meehl; Release Date Limited: 06/17/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 88; Distributor: Sundance Selects
Posted June 14 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lorde's Uber driver didn't recognize her
- Lupita Nyong'o and David Oyelowo star in trailer for 'Queen of Katwe'
- 'Arrested Development' boss: 'We're ready to go' on season 5
- James Cameron to premiere climate change short film at DNC
- WATCH: James Patterson adaptation 'Maximum Ride' gets exclusive trailer
- 'Split' trailer: James McAvoy is creepy as hell
- 'The Dark Tower': EW's complete coverage of the Stephen King epic
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels