Buck Brannaman escaped an abusive childhood in Montana and Idaho to become a master teacher of horsemanship and the main inspiration for the book and the movie The Horse Whisperer. First-time documentarian Cindy Meehl follows the humble, authoritative cowboy — an American ideal of grace and hard work over adversity — as he travels the country giving his famous clinics for ”horses with people problems.” The result is a portrait that expertly mirrors its subject: Buck is shaped with the same economy, restraint, and unfussiness as the man, to unexpectedly inspiring effect. (Also available on demand) A?
Starring: Buck Brannaman; Director: Cindy Meehl; Release Date Limited: 06/17/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 88; Distributor: Sundance Selects
Posted June 14 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors