Buck Brannaman escaped an abusive childhood in Montana and Idaho to become a master teacher of horsemanship and the main inspiration for the book and the movie The Horse Whisperer. First-time documentarian Cindy Meehl follows the humble, authoritative cowboy — an American ideal of grace and hard work over adversity — as he travels the country giving his famous clinics for ”horses with people problems.” The result is a portrait that expertly mirrors its subject: Buck is shaped with the same economy, restraint, and unfussiness as the man, to unexpectedly inspiring effect. (Also available on demand) A?
Starring: Buck Brannaman; Director: Cindy Meehl; Release Date Limited: 06/17/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 88; Distributor: Sundance Selects
Posted June 14 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Timberlake is dropping 'Can't Stop the Feeling' on Friday
- 'Survivor: Kaôh Rōng': The majority alliance begins to crumble
- Channing Tatum announces 'Magic Mike Live' show in Las Vegas
- Ava DuVernay departs as director of 'Intelligent Life'
- 'Family Guy' mocks Donald Trump as 'dumb loudmouth' in Emmy mailer
- 'Fuller House' cast shares photos from first day back on set
- Andrew Garfield to star in crime thriller from 'It Follows' director