Buck Brannaman escaped an abusive childhood in Montana and Idaho to become a master teacher of horsemanship and the main inspiration for the book and the movie The Horse Whisperer. First-time documentarian Cindy Meehl follows the humble, authoritative cowboy — an American ideal of grace and hard work over adversity — as he travels the country giving his famous clinics for ”horses with people problems.” The result is a portrait that expertly mirrors its subject: Buck is shaped with the same economy, restraint, and unfussiness as the man, to unexpectedly inspiring effect. (Also available on demand) A?
Starring: Buck Brannaman; Director: Cindy Meehl; Release Date Limited: 06/17/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 88; Distributor: Sundance Selects
Posted June 14 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jason Statham on Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson drama: 'I stay out' of it
- Chris O'Dowd to star in Epix's 'Get Shorty' TV series
- Streamy Awards announce 2016 nominations
- 'Lip Sync Battle' bringing back celebrity champs for first live special
- Explicit photos of Leslie Jones leaked after website hack
- Ryan Lochte in talks to join 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dirk Gently' teaser promises corpses, cops, and a killer
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...