How go-go precocious is Judy (Jordana Beatty), the tween heroine of Megan McDonald’s book series? She’s so manic she thinks summer is boring. To avoid a bummer summer, she assigns ”thrill points” to various activities that all end up disasters: She falls into a river while tightrope-walking, gets splattered with Sno-Cone barf on a roller coaster, etc. The lesson is that fun can’t be planned, but the film is so airless (think iCarly as a videogame) that there isn’t a truly playful moment in it. C?
BEST TIME EVER Heather Graham and Jordana Beatty in Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer (Suzanne Tenner)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jordana Beatty, Heather Graham; Director: John Schultz; Release Date Wide: 06/10/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Relativity Media
Posted June 15 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Teen Wolf' star Tyler Posey apologizes for 'Gay Street' Snapchat
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': Go inside the opening gala
- J.K. Rowling meets 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' cast in photo
- 'Fast and Furious 8': Dwayne Johnson dives for cover in new set video
- Kanye West on Apple's talks with Tidal: 'Let the kids have the music'
- 'A Chorus Line' kicks up the classics at the Hollywood Bowl
- Sarah Jessica Parker: New HBO show isn't 'Sex and the City’