How go-go precocious is Judy (Jordana Beatty), the tween heroine of Megan McDonald’s book series? She’s so manic she thinks summer is boring. To avoid a bummer summer, she assigns ”thrill points” to various activities that all end up disasters: She falls into a river while tightrope-walking, gets splattered with Sno-Cone barf on a roller coaster, etc. The lesson is that fun can’t be planned, but the film is so airless (think iCarly as a videogame) that there isn’t a truly playful moment in it. C?
BEST TIME EVER Heather Graham and Jordana Beatty in Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer (Suzanne Tenner)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jordana Beatty, Heather Graham; Director: John Schultz; Release Date Wide: 06/10/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Relativity Media
Posted June 15 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Josh Gad Voices a Reincarnated Dog in 'A Dog's Purpose' Trailer
- Oprah Winfrey reveals a ‘Queen Sugar’ sex scene gave her an idea
- Clea DuVall on her directorial debut, 'The Intervention'
- DNCE explain the weirdest interpretation of 'Cake by the Ocean'
- 'Freaks and Geeks': John Francis Daley shares behind-the-scenes photos
- Billionaire Richard Branson nearly died in bike crash
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Arrow,' 'Grey's' and more