How go-go precocious is Judy (Jordana Beatty), the tween heroine of Megan McDonald’s book series? She’s so manic she thinks summer is boring. To avoid a bummer summer, she assigns ”thrill points” to various activities that all end up disasters: She falls into a river while tightrope-walking, gets splattered with Sno-Cone barf on a roller coaster, etc. The lesson is that fun can’t be planned, but the film is so airless (think iCarly as a videogame) that there isn’t a truly playful moment in it. C?
BEST TIME EVER Heather Graham and Jordana Beatty in Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer (Suzanne Tenner)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jordana Beatty, Heather Graham; Director: John Schultz; Release Date Wide: 06/10/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Relativity Media
Posted June 15 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Michael Shannon on the theater parts that shaped his career
- Elisabeth Moss to star in Hulu series The Handmaid's Tale
- WATCH: Reid Scott reveals who laughs the most on the set of 'Veep'
- What time is the White House Correspondents Dinner?
- Mario Lopez, Anderson Cooper: Who's replacing Michael Strahan?
- Larry Wilmore gets advice for White House Correspondents' Dinner
- What to Watch This Weekend: 'Veep' hooks up with John Slattery
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch